SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #39,526 of 45,723
Sould be the same link in pm.
Ah! I see, thanks! Can you tell me the difference between the different versions for the 1a and 1z? I'm using the 1z firmware on a 1a and I am looking for a smooth, warm but "holographic" signature, something that is the opposite of sibilant. Thanks again!

Jun 13, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #39,527 of 45,723
Ah! I see, thanks! Can you tell me the difference between the different versions for the 1a and 1z? I'm using the 1z firmware on a 1a and I am looking for a smooth, warm but "holographic" signature, something that is the opposite of sibilant. Thanks again!
For me, 1A produced a warmer sound. I was on 1Z using Orion 5 and also Orion 9. But then I switched back to 1A and Orion 5 was superbly warm and smooth. Orion7 took that to a better place. With more resolve and details yet still warm. Never sibilant as I’m treble sensitive myself.

Jun 13, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #39,528 of 45,723
I also switched back to 1A and i had a same impression. I feel that 1A has deeper bass ,3D while the 1Z has speeder bass, clean and more details. Moreover, the mid of 1Z is thinner, fly more, smoother than 1A. The treb is also sprakle, attractive.
I may be wrong but maybe the different components of the 1z may compensate for the 1z signature on the 1z vs 1z signature on the 1a, which is why it sounds cleaner on the 1a, but probably more "fuller" on the 1z.

For me, 1A produced a warmer sound. I was on 1Z using Orion 5 and also Orion 9. But then I switched back to 1A and Orion 5 was superbly warm and smooth. Orion7 took that to a better place. With more resolve and details yet still warm. Never sibilant as I’m treble sensitive myself.
Thanks! Trying the 7a right now!

Andrea's voice soars with Orion 7a! Amazing!

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #39,529 of 45,723
IER isn't comfortable cable wise, but sounds so good!

The stock cable is extremely comfortable for me and I detect absolutely no harsh or spiky treble

Jun 13, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #39,530 of 45,723
The stock cable is extremely comfortable for me and I detect absolutely no harsh or spiky treble
When I’m idle, I feel relaxed. But when I’m on the go, it’s always falling out and just doesn’t stay on tight which is a bit of a hassle.

Jun 13, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #39,531 of 45,723
When I’m idle, I feel relaxed. But when I’m on the go, it’s always falling out and just doesn’t stay on tight which is a bit of a hassle.

The cable is getting detached from the buds when you move ?

Jun 13, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #39,532 of 45,723
I never owned mdr z1r and I never liked it eather. Yes I am talking about ier-z1r stock cable is brighter in comparison with ares ii 8 wires from effect audio. I found the custom cable brought the treble a good 2 db down it was good for my ears.

That was paired with stock 1z dap!
When I paired the the stock cable with ier z1r with another dap it was cayin n6ii amp a01 and treble was less bright vs 1z.

Though by all means custom cables always improves sq of iems or headphones

Obviously having not heard that particular cable I can’t comment on what it does vs the stock cable, however I tried the Sony Kimber at it was clearly inferior to the stock cable while on the Z5 the Sony Kimber was clearly superior to their stock cable

Jun 13, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #39,533 of 45,723
The cable is getting detached from the buds when you move ?
The earbuds keep falling off, and this is with the smallest SS size that fits me. The S rubber size still seems a tad too big for my eyes as the insides hurt when I use them. Styrofoam versions didn’t fit in either. It’s like my ears in particular are cursed. So I just find ways to work around the shortcomings.

Jun 13, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #39,534 of 45,723
The earbuds keep falling off, and this is with the smallest SS size that fits me. The S rubber size still seems a tad too big for my eyes as the insides hurt when I use them. Styrofoam versions didn’t fit in either. It’s like my ears in particular are cursed. So I just find ways to work around the shortcomings.

oh so the buds fall out of you ears when you move ?

well that's hardly a fault of the cable but simply that the buds are so big and heavy compared to how well you are able to seat them in your ear. In my big ear they sit deep and rock solid with Final Audio E LL tips

3C541D8B-BE9D-465C-9422-3FAF943CE2F6.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #39,535 of 45,723
oh so the buds fall out of you ears when you move ?

well that's hardly a fault of the cable but simply that the buds are so big and heavy compared to how well you are able to seat them in your ear. In my big ear they sit deep and rock solid with Final Audio E LL tips

I got small ears. So they can’t fit so snugly. The WF are now my to go IEMs along with the Soundcore Liberty Pro 2. But reading how long BT eats into the battery of the 1Z, iPhone 11 Pro is a good enough BT source

Jun 13, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #39,536 of 45,723
I got small ears. So they can’t fit so snugly. The WF are now my to go IEMs along with the Soundcore Liberty Pro 2. But reading how long BT eats into the battery of the 1Z, iPhone 11 Pro is a good enough BT source

Yes on the go I also use the WF from my iPhone8 and that is plenty good enough out and about in urban noise. The IER are only used stationary

Jun 13, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #39,538 of 45,723
Unfortunately, I missed to download the model switcher. Now it is no longer available on the former source. Please could someone provide me a valid download link (also welcomed via pm). Thanks a lot in advance for that!

if no one else sends it , pm me and i will upload it to wetransfer and send you a link

cheers

Jun 13, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #39,539 of 45,723
My favorite is also the Final E. Just recently found another which works even better, the AZLA SednaEarfitLight. It comes in:
10.4mm SS
11.2mm S
11.9mm MS
12.6mm M
13.3mm ML
14mm L

Measure the size of the SS you are using, and try to find one a little larger, so it will seal properly and stay in the ear. The bass and the rest of the sound will also improve if you get a good seal. Many peoplecan vouch for how important it is to get a good seal, to get the most out of the IEM, so definitely worth the extra effort to find a tip that will work for your ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back