SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #3,527 of 45,723
  WM-1Z release is so late, I wonder if WM-1Z2 will be released next year

Could be at CES 2017!  I really hope that Sony doesn't get creative and released the Signature products for North American Market at CES.  That would be a total dumb move!

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #3,528 of 45,723
Just sayin'.
Quote:
here we go on another fantasy ride...

Not sure if thats the case. Sony had it available through Amazon. I dont know whats the status on those orders.
But you could be right but thats almost 3 months for CES and then maybe 5 months for its official release.
  Could be at CES 2017!  I really hope that Sony doesn't get creative and released the Signature products for North American Market at CES.  That would be a total dumb move!

Oct 25, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #3,530 of 45,723
I truly don't understand "it's late" and "why is it taking so long to release?" comments. The 1A/Z were announced in September and (albeit not in every territory) are coming out in October. Compared to the way many companies work and even the way Sony used to, this is far from unacceptable. We don't need things on shelves  the next day after announcement.

You want slow to market? Check out the Nikon DL cameras.

Oct 25, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #3,531 of 45,723
  I truly don't understand "it's late" and "why is it taking so long to release?" comments. The 1A/Z were announced in September and (albeit not in every territory) are coming out in October. Compared to the way many companies work and even the way Sony used to, this is far from unacceptable. We don't need things on shelves  the next day after announcement.

You want slow to market? Check out the Nikon DL cameras.

Well....I think we are spoiled by Schiit gears.

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #3,532 of 45,723
  Well....I think we are spoiled by Schiit gears.

No we are just spoiled by the internet which gives us information that previously we don't get. 
Also Schiit gears aren't nearly as complicated nor as big of a brand as the Walkmans here (hardly anyone is going to fish FCC compliance test data for Schiit vs a new piece of Sony gear, thus leading to the rumours and leaks), nor do they involve multi-territory branches all coordinating big marketing and launch events. The scale is simply different and not really worth comparing.

Oct 26, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #3,533 of 45,723
No we are just spoiled by the internet which gives us information that previously we don't get. 
Also Schiit gears aren't nearly as complicated nor as big of a brand as the Walkmans here (hardly anyone is going to fish FCC compliance test data for Schiit vs a new piece of Sony gear, thus leading to the rumours and leaks), nor do they involve multi-territory branches all coordinating big marketing and launch events. The scale is simply different and not really worth comparing.

Absolutely. As I understand it, Sony has underestimated demand for these products. Being Signature, they can't simply shift manufacturing to China to deal with the volumes. Neither can they put you, the end customer on a queue like Schiit can. With Sony, t's the retailers and distributors who are put on a queue and none of them dare risk giving a delivery date until their stock has been shipped out by Sony.

Oct 26, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #3,536 of 45,723
  I think I am getting carried away.

Someone's having a great Wednesday 
wink.gif

Heh, awesome dude. Have fun settling it in, keep us updated with your impressions as well!

Oct 26, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #3,539 of 45,723
http://www.e-earphone.jp/shop/shopdetail.html?brandcode=000000107464

Japan's E-earphone now has 4.4mm DIY plugs on listing.  
First batch for 29th release is already sold out though but they are taking pre-orders for second batch.

Oct 26, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #3,540 of 45,723
@Mimouille

On the behalf of all of us, enjoy the lengthy break-in period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back