SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #3,482 of 45,723
  Meanwhile, there's still no news about availability for the new Walkman models in the US / UK, correct? I've heard the 1Z will be the first model to arrive here somewhere towards December, but not even a pre-order yet as of now.

November is the reléase date somewhere arround first of november to first half of the upcoming month, Sony Japan says reléase date for them is on 29th october so this upcoming weekend

Oct 23, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #3,483 of 45,723
Frankly, this thread was started on 7/29.  Four months later there is still no product available to customers. This is a hobby and the manufacturer is teasing with consumer's emotion. It is borderline on cruelty or psychological punishment. I am really getting tired of this kind of business practice.  ALO and Campfire was a real fresh breath in this industry.  The date Jude put up his video on the Vega, Dorado and Lyra II, the next day I ordered the Vega and the next day I am hearing what Jude was ranting about. If Sony is not willing, or capable or ready to deliver the product to the consumer public, they should just shut up and work on their product until they are ready. Campfire Audio by any mean is a much much smaller company than Sony yet they are willing and able to put up the resource to R&D the product and to manufacture the product prior to announcement, Sony should be able to do so. Campfire deserves my support. 

Oct 23, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #3,485 of 45,723
  Guys, do you know if this cables are Sony proprietary MMCX or standards?

MUC-M12SB1

http://www.sony.com.hk/press/pdf/20160914_e.pdf 

STANDARD. heard some one on these thread he paired it with his pr her CIEMs

Oct 23, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #3,486 of 45,723
  Frankly, this thread was started on 7/29.  Four months later there is still no product available to customers. This is a hobby and the manufacturer is teasing with consumer's emotion. It is borderline on cruelty or psychological punishment. I am really getting tired of this kind of business practice.  ALO and Campfire was a real fresh breath in this industry.  The date Jude put up his video on the Vega, Dorado and Lyra II, the next day I ordered the Vega and the next day I am hearing what Jude was ranting about. If Sony is not willing, or capable or ready to deliver the product to the consumer public, they should just shut up and work on their product until they are ready. Campfire Audio by any mean is a much much smaller company than Sony yet they are willing and able to put up the resource to R&D the product and to manufacture the product prior to announcement, Sony should be able to do so. Campfire deserves my support. 

Those were all speculations using various leak sources to piece together the full picture.  The official announcement of the Signature Series is really just a little over a month ago in Berlin and they've been handing out demo units pretty frequently to various media outlets in the Asia region (yeah too bad for you EU and NA guys), that's hardly what I would call not capable for a launch that is much bigger and in more countries than your boutique audio makers.

Oct 23, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #3,488 of 45,723
Those were all speculations using various leak sources to piece together the full picture.  The official announcement of the Signature Series is really just a little over a month ago in Berlin and they've been handing out demo units pretty frequently to various media outlets in the Asia region (yeah too bad for you EU and NA guys), that's hardly what I would call not capable for a launch that is much bigger and in more countries than your boutique audio makers.

Please go to post #1 of this thread. It was announced on Sony.uk with proper link, spec. and pictures. It looks official to me unless Sony.Uk is not considered as an official source.

Oct 23, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #3,490 of 45,723
Please go to post #1 of this thread. It was announced on Sony.uk with proper link, spec. and pictures. It looks official to me unless Sony.Uk is not considered as an official source.

The first post was edited after the Berlin announcement to include all the official information.  You can even see the date of modification right at the bottom - 14th September, like I said, the official announcement to release is really just a little over a month.

When the thread first started none of those information were there, people were working off rumors.  Just go read the post on the first page below first post - people didn't even believe the rumoured 3000USD pricing, or that they thought the Z1R was open back and not closed back, or that there would be a 1A on top of the 1Z etc, and those posts were dated late August.

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #3,491 of 45,723
  Sony's burn in recommendation screen on a Japanese unit. 200 hours recommended for each output, 400 hours total. Get Burning.

We need the player before we can burn. Anyway I will cover myself by burning 200hrs per capacitor. That way it'll be nice and toasty when finished.
popcorn.gif

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #3,492 of 45,723
I offer FREE burning in process...preference given to 1Z and Z1R only  

PM me for details & shipping address  
wink_face.gif

Oct 24, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #3,495 of 45,723
Does anyone know when UK Sony stores might start demoing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back