SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #31,801 of 45,723
im in love with 3.0 now i used to hate it!! hith very heavy eq it renders things in the most credible way its like being in the song i havent experienced it in 3.01 nor 3.02 its the perfect 3DPA and the bass gets really deep and punchy and high quality you should try it with iems but balanced may be a diferent story I dont know... also its pinpoint sharp and acurate and clear never congested!

I thought 3.01 was a perfected 3.00, as the crashes and database loading was better. Then if I remember right a group here promoted 3.01 as being better for the 1A....at the time. They said it was better than 3.00? But it’s almost like every firmware almost has to sound different. Glad you like 3.0.

It would be interesting to read a sonic comparison between 3.00 and 3.01 with the 1A. Who knows maybe 3.00 is underrated and overlooked due to the stability issues. Not everyone had stability issues too.

Feb 15, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #31,802 of 45,723
20200215_133437.jpg

Feb 15, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #31,803 of 45,723
Quite suprised with the result of 3.0 on my 1Z/EX1000 from balanced. Best performance so far and can't find anything to fault unlike when I was using Z5 or N3.

Feb 15, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #31,804 of 45,723
I thought 3.01 was a perfected 3.00, as the crashes and database loading was better. Then if I remember right a group here promoted 3.01 as being better for the 1A....at the time. They said it was better than 3.00? But it’s almost like every firmware almost has to sound different. Glad you like 3.0.

It would be interesting to read a sonic comparison between 3.00 and 3.01 with the 1A. Who knows maybe 3.00 is underrated and overlooked due to the stability issues. Not everyone had stability issues too.
Its hard to compare since Im SE but I encourage you to re try it.. if you wish i got a little tired of 3.01 bass was slower than 3.00 and stage to my ears its diferent basa has diferences to and gain...so for me its a wellcomed change trebles are the main thing there and good tight bass maybe balanced doesent make such a diference? since its already very good in all firmwares but In SE I can tell you sound changes a lot. 3.00 its keeping me well enterteined and i guess my ears wanted less bass since i was on 3..02 wich i found exagerated in staging... if you may try 3.00 will be ncie 0 glitches so far on my 1A dough batery its draining really fast on my unit It only bears One day and about 10 hours of playback

Feb 15, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #31,805 of 45,723
Enjoying the wm1z with the rah iem tonight. Very nice and deep bass. This player is getting better and better

Feb 15, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #31,807 of 45,723
Guys I just came out of canjam holly molly so much good gear to try it was one of my biggest appreciation day. I am so happy I tried all of them really 95 % of what I had to listen...

I spent most of my time in sony booth.
Tried 1a 1z dmp m9 z7m2 mdr z1r moded 1a

Feb 16, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #31,812 of 45,723
What was that 1A modded with ? Who did it ?
Now you have been poisoned by DMP Z1 LOL

Is that a Blue WM-1A ?

Some audiophiler braught an MS 1a and ley me tried it.
So I compared it to stock 1a and I told hmm no offense but to me stock 1a was better.

I was actually very surprised and impressed by stock 1a. It eas quick dynamic fast and punchy. With some viscerality on mind.

1a and 1z has different bass presentation. 1a is not treble accentuated in my opinion its simply a more thiner and fast sound presentation. Defently not as fun as 1z bass and thickness. I was really enjoying 1a and I think if you have 1z and 1a its an awsome compliment together.

And I also compared my 1z vs a new 1z that had like hours!

There is a definite difference it was like tight away apparent without forcing my self.
Once it burns in it has better resolution and transition, also bass is better by a good margin.

I eliminate dmp z1 from my list of desired gear since I highly preferred 1z. Dmp didnt give me that warmth thick bassy magic of 1z I was expecting much more from dmp.
I also disabled the dsd remastering on dmp as I felt it was way to smooth and easy. I like the edgy squares of mp3 waves I guess lol!

I had huge pleasure at canjam and really liled this 4 sonys offerings

Wm1z wm1a z7m2 and M9
I think theis are the sony most successful gear on today's offerings

I had lot of cool talks with sony engineers I asked them tons of questions lol about components sonys doing experience and expertise. They also enjoy listening to my auditioning commentarys and I hope maybe my suggestions will be used in the development of future song projects to come!

I also asked if there is any 1a and 1z successor on any time lapse to come and it seemes like not for the moment and they arent even planning anything in that direction yet...

Yea and I talked to sony engineers about moding 1z. They looked at me like what people do that, i was like yea you dont read headfi thread ? Hes like hmm no we do not follow forums thread on our products...

So I told then well people change caps change the kimber cable and all that stuff.

He was like oh no no never sony will tolerate tantalum caps and other brands cause it doesnt meet sony standards. He said they are not reliable....
Also sony uses a lot of self developed parts and special soldering on 1z apparently and all that creates the sony magic...

Feb 16, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #31,814 of 45,723
Some audiophiler braught an MS 1a and ley me tried it.
So I compared it to stock 1a and I told hmm no offense but to me stock 1a was better.

I was actually very surprised and impressed by stock 1a. It eas quick dynamic fast and punchy. With some viscerality on mind.

1a and 1z has different bass presentation. 1a is not treble accentuated in my opinion its simply a more thiner and fast sound presentation. Defently not as fun as 1z bass and thickness. I was really enjoying 1a and I think if you have 1z and 1a its an awsome compliment together.

And I also compared my 1z vs a new 1z that had like hours!

There is a definite difference it was like tight away apparent without forcing my self.
Once it burns in it has better resolution and transition, also bass is better by a good margin.

I eliminate dmp z1 from my list of desired gear since I highly preferred 1z. Dmp didnt give me that warmth thick bassy magic of 1z I was expecting much more from dmp.
I also disabled the dsd remastering on dmp as I felt it was way to smooth and easy. I like the edgy squares of mp3 waves I guess lol!

I had huge pleasure at canjam and really liled this 4 sonys offerings

Wm1z wm1a z7m2 and M9
I think theis are the sony most successful gear on today's offerings

I had lot of cool talks with sony engineers I asked them tons of questions lol about components sonys doing experience and expertise. They also enjoy listening to my auditioning commentarys and I hope maybe my suggestions will be used in the development of future song projects to come!

I also asked if there is any 1a and 1z successor on any time lapse to come and it seemes like not for the moment and they arent even planning anything in that direction yet...

Yea and I talked to sony engineers about moding 1z. They looked at me like what people do that, i was like yea you dont read headfi thread ? Hes like hmm no we do not follow forums thread on our products...

So I told then well people change caps change the kimber cable and all that stuff.

He was like oh no no never sony will tolerate tantalum caps and other brands cause it doesnt meet sony standards. He said they are not reliable....
Also sony uses a lot of self developed parts and special soldering on 1z apparently and all that creates the sony magic...
Hmm interesting. What were the m9 like?

Feb 16, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #31,815 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back