SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #26,506 of 45,723
I can neither confirm nor deny that.

I have an old PS3 that was able to extract DSD as long as it had an older version of firmware. When I plugged it in to check the firmware version, it auto updated and now cannot roll back to the old version :triportsad:

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #26,511 of 45,723
how different is 3.01 to 2.0 sound-wise , when used on WM1A ?

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #26,516 of 45,723
Still don’t get what you meant

A/ analogue recording, then remastered into DSD ?

B/ Recorded directly into DSD

C/ You are converting Vynil or Tape into DSD ?
Ehh ...
The SACD i got are either A or B

Jan 9, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #26,518 of 45,723
For dual layer SACD (so the same master), do you find extracting the SACD layer to DSD is noticeably better than burning the CD and playing on your 1Z?
Yes i do note q lore organic nature on DSD

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #26,519 of 45,723
Question
If I want to use my 1Z to feed a Stax amplifier (actually a Carbon) what are some suggested cables to run from the 1Z headphone out to the Stax amp (terminated either XLR or RCA for the Stax)?
Are people taking the signal from the 1Z out via the SE headphone out or from the balanced 4.4 out?

PS I read in previous postings in this thread that there is no problem with "double amping" as the Sony headphone out was designed to be an analogue out as well

Jan 10, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #26,520 of 45,723
Question
If I want to use my 1Z to feed a Stax amplifier (actually a Carbon) what are some suggested cables to run from the 1Z headphone out to the Stax amp (terminated either XLR or RCA for the Stax)?
Are people taking the signal from the 1Z out via the SE headphone out or from the balanced 4.4 out?

PS I read in previous postings in this thread that there is no problem with "double amping" as the Sony headphone out was designed to be an analogue out as well

I tried ALO 3.5 mm IC from 1Z 3.5 mm out to CDM 3.5 mm in: tested Utopia = very good

Next, I am using DHC Comp4 Silver 2.5 mm IC with 4.4 mm adapter from 1Z 4.4 mm to CDM 2.5 mm IN : tested Utopia = more open and airy, bass is more defined and thumpy.
I am using this combo as permanent now.

I haven't get back to 1Z 3.5 mm out to RCA to ALO Studio Six tubes amp for a while now. Miss that combo now. Maybe, I try again and see if that will be the ultimate combo.

Or 1Z with Dock ( just bought, not use it yet), digital out with USB to a SACD / DAC combo and to Studio Six = will test and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back