1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Tawek
    after having installed 3.0 firmware , I returned to 1.20 without any problem

2. proedros
    any sound changes with the new 3.0 FW ?

wm1a users only , please

3. alphanumerix1
    Sounds the same to me, What i do notice is a noticable more snappy experience in the UI. Everything runs smoother and faster. The bluetooth function is quite nice with no major lag. Not tried the usb dac feature yet.

proedros likes this.
  4. duaned
    Agree, I cannot detect any change in sound quality.

proedros likes this.
  5. DatDudeNic
    Ah sorry forgot to mention it, im using the wm1a

proedros likes this.
  6. DatDudeNic
    After the update, zeus+wm1a is just so perfect! Though it might need a bit bump in bass since i noticed that the new update made the bass much leaner.

proedros likes this.
  7. proedros
    i am sold , as we have the same setup (zeus +wm1a) , what cable do you have on zeus ?

8. gerelmx1986
    Works for FLAC? To avoid transferring the cover embedded in t he file?

9. Redcarmoose
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  10. Nayparm
    Just tried it for FLAC and it works :) why can't they just use cover.jpg :/ (maybe in v4.0)

11. fiascogarcia
    Did everyone back up their music folders to their PC? More importantly, has anyone suffered any corrupted music files while upgrading? Thanks!

12. Stephen George
    these FW files universal? originally bought mine from JP, installed AUS FW to get english menus//can i use the chinese fw to upgrade, but keep the english menus ?

TIA

Looks like the US one is live?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  13. syke
    Ohh.. the new FW has made the WM1Z less warm, less bassy, wider soundstage. The Z1R + WM1Z combo sounds more palatable now. First impressions, the WM1Z & the TA-ZH1ES sounds closer now

Aslshark likes this.
  14. blazinblazin
    Ya i think some of my songs female vocal sounds not as laid back as fw 2.0

I love this update 3.0.

Overall i find fw3.0 more refined for WM1A.

proedros likes this.
  15. nanaholic
    I understand the reason, if you use the same filename it's can cause trouble.
    I use MusicBee for my syncing now and the program allows you to specify how to name the cover art file, a couple of clicks later and I'm done.