1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Icekuma
    Which desktop amp you use in your comparison. Curious to know. Thanks

2. endlesswaves
    Massdrop LCX+SDAC

Icekuma likes this.
  3. proedros
    so i tried 1z today , although it only had 15 hours (probably 0 on balanced) and FW 1.00 (demo in sony store)

it was good , damn it was very good - even though not broken in i could instantly tell that it's more spacious/effortless/authoritative than wm1a

i liked it a lot (unfortunately) but i can not afford nor justify a 2K buy for a 20% improvement over wm1a

yet.

4. Mrcojocaru
    This is why I stay away from things I can't afford but really want lol.

proedros likes this.
  5. Quadfather
    My power button stopped working! It won't shut off or bring display back on. Now what?

6. Quadfather
    Nevermind. I held down for 8 seconds and it rebooted and is working properly again. THANK GOD!!!

7. gerelmx1986
    You almost had the pretext for buying a WM1Z :D

8. sne4me

9. Quadfather
    I will get the 1Z eventually

10. hamhamhamsta
    1Z, 1Z, 1Z, 1Z....
    lol

Quadfather likes this.
  11. Quadfather
    Believe me, it is not because it's a lack of wanting it.

hamhamhamsta likes this.
  12. Hanafuda

Well I saw Pink Floyd in 1988, and it was a great show and I'm of course glad I can say I saw Pink Floyd. But it wasn't the same band without Roger. I'm not really into any Floyd after The Final Cut. And, ironically I guess, I'm not real hot on that album or The Wall, either. Too much Roger in those last two albums, and obviously not enough once he was out. Just my opinion. My favorite Floyd stuff is live and my favorite live stuff is all from before 1973.

kubig123 likes this.
  13. proedros
    did you try it finally ?

wm1a is a very nice DAP , wm1z is better but not 2.5x better , more like 20% better (at best)

i just put the DSEE option on wm1a and it sounds great , i think we are good with wm1a

now if some rich uncle died and left us money well then yeah i would buy wm1z (and se6 and pw1960s 2-wire and dx208ti and you get my drift)

ehjie, teknorob23 and Quadfather like this.
  14. bvng3540
    You dont need a rich uncle, just sell one of your kidney, should be able to buy all that:ksc75smile:

teknorob23 likes this.
  15. hamhamhamsta
    Hmmm ...tough choices
    Good music or eating thru straws the rest of your lives…:darthsmile:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    proedros likes this.