SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #22,066 of 45,723
Unable to find any used wm1a locally. Should i consider buying the SRP or should i wait awhile more to see if theres anything new coming out?

Aug 5, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #22,068 of 45,723
A used one pops up every now and then. I reckon the cost saving is worth the wait if you're not in a rush. What country are you in?
Singapore, any news whether there will be something new coming out? Am just worried after buying they will launch something new

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #22,069 of 45,723
Singapore, any news whether there will be something new coming out? Am just worried after buying they will launch something new
Fellow countryman. Hahaha. Look on Carousell. About 1 pops up every month.
I got my 1A from there, made a new friend in the process and subsequently upgraded mine through the Project K mod by MS.
And alternative is to get a friend to buy a second hand one for you from E-earphone in Japan.

Aug 5, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #22,070 of 45,723
Fellow countryman. Hahaha. Look on Carousell. About 1 pops up every month.
I got my 1A from there, made a new friend in the process and subsequently upgraded mine through the Project K mod by MS.
And alternative is to get a friend to buy a second hand one for you from E-earphone in Japan.
Hi =) yep have been looking at carousell for few weeks. Got the urge to get it from Sony store actually.

Aug 5, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #22,071 of 45,723
I had try it and still currently using it since the dap first came out and nothing shorted, what bug me is that people say crap that they dont know what they saying, just jump on other people hype

I have no intention of trying this. I have been using balanced amps for at least 10 years and it is common knowledge and science that you should never try to connect single ended headphones to balanced outputs as you join the 2 active negative lines together. It may be that Sony have some kind of protection circuit that protects users doing silly things and actually damaging the player. There have been several posts in this thread where sound has been compromised with buzzing/hissing doing this.

Aug 5, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #22,072 of 45,723
WM1Z owners, would you consider using it to commute if you had to walk around with it in your pocket or would the weight put you off?
E8007D62-FB31-413E-A6B0-E1CC65420053.jpeg

I use the smaller gold player made by Apple.

Aug 5, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #22,073 of 45,723
Aug 5, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #22,074 of 45,723

Talk with those folks at Music Sanctuary. They obviously are not a Sony dealer, but do internal wire mods to both the 1A and 1Z. They may know of used around.

There is not even a sent of info on a new player. Not even a spy photo.

Aug 5, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #22,075 of 45,723
Talk with those folks at Music Sanctuary. They obviously are not a Sony dealer, but do internal wire mods to both the 1A and 1Z. They may know of used around.

There is not even a sent of info on a new player. Not even a spy photo.
A good idea. It's like a WM1 club there. Hahahaha!

Aug 5, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #22,076 of 45,723
That QDC case is gorgeous and looks to be a good size too.

Thank-you.
Well the custom bass BA must be giant; they have the same sound signature as the Z5 and Z1R, though not the upper detail or sparkle. They are my newest IEM and the most costly IEM I take out and about.

Amazingly qdc even includes that case with their entry level IEMs.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #22,078 of 45,723
Well the custom bass BA must be giant; they have the same sound signature as the Z5 and Z1R, though not the upper detail or sparkle. They are my newest IEM and the most costly IEM I take out and about.

Amazingly qdc even includes that case with their entry level IEMs.
Which model are these? Was eyeing a pair... Anole v6, I think, I can't recall exactly, but they sounded really good.

Aug 5, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #22,080 of 45,723
Which model are these? Was eyeing a pair... Anole v6, I think, I can't recall exactly, but they sounded really good.

They are the Anole V3, which is their fun tune. As you go up the ladder the extra drivers increases the form factor. So the V6s are slighly bigger, and even though they have the user adjustable crossover switches, they are a reference tune, and never get to the bass level of the V3. I listened to the whole line except the Neptune.

But the V3s are small and somehow fit really deep inside my ear, thus creating sound isolation with Sony Hybrid tips. It’s a different style of bass as it goes as deep as the DD in the Z5, but because it’s a BA it’s different in character. It’s slightly softer and rounded in the bass department though still going down there frequency wise. I don’t know of a lower BA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back