SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #18,032 of 45,723
Well, my tempered glass screen protector went on beautifully. It's time for a little 24-bit Judas Priest live in 1982.

0118181614d_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #18,033 of 45,723
Well, my tempered glass screen protector went on beautifully. It's time for a little 24-bit Judas Priest live in 1982.

Are you a mac user? I see aiff and alac files in your wm1a :D

Jan 18, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #18,034 of 45,723
Are you a mac user? I see aiff and alac files in your wm1a :D

I'm actually using Windows 10 on an HP Envy 17.3 in laptop computer. It is smoking fast, and I love it. I have meticulously organized music files, where everything goes under the artist, than the album under that, with album art embedded. I am also an audiobook freak and go with Graphic Audio. They have voice actors, theme songs, and sound effects. It's awesome.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #18,035 of 45,723
I'm actually using Windows 10 on an HP Envy 17.3 in laptop computer. It is smoking fast, and I love it. I have meticulously organized music files, where everything goes under the artist, than the album under that, with album art embedded. I am also an audiobook freak and go with Graphic Audio. They have voice actors, theme songs, and sound effects. It's awesome.
I also use a Sony vaio multi-flip PC laptop with windows 10, is fast for a dual core i5 4th gen. I use flac and I am organized by composer then the albums. Also my files are meticulously tagged with the basic tags like artist, genre, year, album, track title, composer, album art, disc and disc total and track track total.

BTW why you use aiff? Are wav files bad or buggy?

Jan 18, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #18,036 of 45,723
I also use a Sony vaio multi-flip PC laptop with windows 10, is fast for a dual core i5 4th gen. I use flac and I am organized by composer then the albums. Also my files are meticulously tagged with the basic tags like artist, genre, year, album, track title, composer, album art, disc and disc total and track track total.

BTW why you use aiff? Are wav files bad or buggy?

I find AIFF exponentially easier to tag. I can also work with them in iTunes or other programs. I have 4 8 terabyte drives into 6 terabyte drives, so space isn't really a concern. It is great to have everything well organized. I am a bit crazy about backing everything up 4 times over as well. It is a pain to get album art and wav files.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #18,037 of 45,723
I also have triple backup of my music and other files, on two 2TB and one 4TB drive.

I imagined something about wave being tricky to tag for your choice of aiff, same I got Flac and DSF

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #18,039 of 45,723
I've owned 4 AK products, and never had one that approached the battery life of the WM1Z/1A.

To me it seemed totally asinine to spend $2,500 on a player and then have to carry around an external battery pack everywhere.

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #18,040 of 45,723
I also have triple backup of my music and other files, on two 2TB and one 4TB drive.

I imagined something about wave being tricky to tag for your choice of aiff, same I got Flac and DSF

I had to downsample Judas Priest to 16-bit when I took it off of the DVD, So AIFF allowed me to restore it to its proper bit depth. I also have Pink Floyd The Wall the movie version in audio that way. Oh yeah some Pink Floyd live at Pompeii as well as their live 8 concert.

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #18,042 of 45,723
Jan 18, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #18,043 of 45,723
I had to downsample Judas Priest to 16-bit when I took it off of the DVD, So AIFF allowed me to restore it to its proper bit depth. I also have Pink Floyd The Wall the movie version in audio that way. Oh yeah some Pink Floyd live at Pompeii as well as their live 8 concert.

if you want to Rip DVD audio and keep the original bit depth and choose the format (.wav /.flac and others) try DVD Audio Extractor. It also does some primitive tagging. I'm sure there is a Sony compatible format you could rip to

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #18,044 of 45,723
if you want to Rip DVD audio and keep the original bit depth and choose the format (.wav /.flac and others) try DVD Audio Extractor. It also does some primitive tagging. I'm sure there is a Sony compatible format you could rip to

I believe that is the program I used. I would have to look at my home computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back