SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #17,851 of 45,723
Jan 8, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #17,852 of 45,723
Some visual distraction for the thread :)

WM1A and Z1R playing a CD rip of Far Away Trains Passing By - Ulrich Schnauss.

ryl7U3hh.jpg

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #17,854 of 45,723
The point of my post was just to recognize pentaconn 4.4mm connector and Senns solid support of it :) Nothing more or less. Regarding HD820, will check it out at CanJam NYC, hopefully. I'm curious how it stacks up against HD800S and IE800S.

I quite liked the HD800S when I gave it a demo about 18 months back. I can't get on with the fit of the IE800, just doesn't work for me unfortunately. I will demo the HD820 if it's a this years London CanJam but tbh im hoping Focal will do a closed version of Utopia or Clear

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #17,855 of 45,723
I am using windows hence i have media Go and yes media Go automatically switches storage spaces after f.e the internal fills out it switches to the micro SD card

Had no idea Media Go did that, thanks.

I have a question for you. When I loaded my WAV files from Itunes, the music in Media library shows all albums correctly, but now in my 1z I have about a 1000 files not in their albums, but just individual files.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #17,856 of 45,723

I have a question for you. When I loaded my WAV files from Itunes, the music in Media library shows all albums correctly, but now in my 1z I have about a 1000 files not in their albums, but just individual files.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Since wav files can’t be tagged I’m guessing that the meta data for them recides in iTunes and you don’t get any of that along to the Sony player

Jan 8, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #17,857 of 45,723

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Yup as NC800 says, wave files can't be tagged, the format wasn't meant to be taggesble like f. E flac or dsf, however I am not sure if you Tag your wavs with mp3tag you could fit some tagging info. (going contrary to what the specs for wave meant originally)

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #17,858 of 45,723
Hi from Germany. Can you tell me the difference to Fiio X7 II! Thanks

Sounds more dynamic and the transient response of something like a guitar string pull from pull to harmonic decay sound reference quality on this while the X7II sounds like an excellent offering by a company getting better and better at making DAP's but not as good as Sony it seems....to me :wink:

This thing is really nice on any genre using any gear that I have

Some album arts are being a PITA but besides that love this thing

Jan 8, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #17,859 of 45,723
Sounds more dynamic and the transient response of something like a guitar string pull from pull to harmonic decay sound reference quality on this while the X7II sounds like an excellent offering by a company getting better and better at making DAP's but not as good as Sony it seems....to me :wink:

This thing is really nice on any genre using any gear that I have

Some album arts are being a PITA but besides that love this thing
For PITA album art please see that you are saving the file as baseline jpeg and not progressive jpeg.

Jan 8, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #17,860 of 45,723
Jan 9, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #17,863 of 45,723
Progressive jpeg? What do they believe PNG deserve more rights? lol What is the diff?

Search this thread and you'll find posts (a few from me and others) on how to convert Progressive jpegs to baseline jpegs and get them to be read by the WM-1A/Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back