SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 8, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #15,301 of 15,611
I assume that's 3.5mm, but it looks like 2.5mm to me. I have not tried a ground. Look forward to hearing your impressions :)
It's a 3.5mm will try and voice my impression after I had a listen.

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #15,302 of 15,611
Yeah, the packaging is really basic. I'll remember to format it properly, thanks for the reminder. But it's probably a hassle to buy this in China because you can't even find it on Taobao. You have to go to the Mouser website to get it, and the shipping time is way too long. I just checked, and the current estimated shipping time is 10 weeks. I doubt anyone would be happy waiting that long. Also, that Micron brand card you guys mentioned? You can hardly find any sellers for it on Taobao either.IMG_5057.jpeg
They ship from HK tho?

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #15,303 of 15,611
Hi, Just popped in to see if anything is new. Nope still all going on about one SD card sounding better than another and the EU volume limited version being worse than a 400g paperweight.

Bye. :)
Haha.. i think it's due to this Walkman being so well designed that we are enabled to tell differences between microSD cards. Other DAPs have to deal with other interferences, and minute differences in storage quality will not be as obvious.

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #15,304 of 15,611
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I was really surprised by how impressive the Swissbit card turned out to be.

First off, the sound quality of my Samsung card doesn't even come close to the internal storage – that's crystal clear. To do a fair comparison, I randomly picked some songs and made a playlist. One track played from the internal storage, the other from the Swissbit card, one after the other. Right from the get-go, I noticed that the Swissbit's sound quality is remarkably close to the internal storage, miles ahead of my old Samsung card.

After carefully going through each track, I can honestly say, based on my personal experience, Swissbit's sound is even better than the internal storage.
Take "Starboy" by The Weeknd, for instance – the overall dynamics just sound way better with Swissbit, especially the rhythmic punch of the drums.
Similarly, in Kacey Musgraves' cover of "Fix You" and a song by Hana Sekitori (sorry, I don't know the Japanese title, but you get the idea), as well as Lana Del Rey's songs, the instruments sound much clearer with Swissbit. The guitar strings and piano reverberations are more pronounced, and you can pick up on subtle nuances in the female vocals, like delicate breathiness and lip sounds.
Another example would be in two songs by Jacky Cheung(张学友), where his vibrato and vocal fluctuations stand out more with Swissbit, making it more engaging.

Of course, these observations are all from A/B comparisons, but personally, I find myself preferring the sound of Swissbit – it really helps me immerse myself in the music. After this comparison, I'll definitely be choosing to copy songs onto the Swissbit card for future listening.

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #15,305 of 15,611
They ship from HK tho?
I bought it from Mouser, they have a local distributor in Shanghai. It showed as in stock, but it ended up being shipped from the US warehouse to China. This card is made in Germany, but the shipping from the US was painfully slow. It took over a month for me to receive it, which is really frustrating.

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #15,306 of 15,611
I bought it from Mouser, they have a local distributor in Shanghai. It showed as in stock, but it ended up being shipped from the US warehouse to China. This card is made in Germany, but the shipping from the US was painfully slow. It took over a month for me to receive it, which is really frustrating.
That's so strange. I ordered from them as well and they shipped to me from HK...

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #15,309 of 15,611
image.jpg
@Sonywalkmanuser
Today I got really into the "Headphones" app and took a photo of my ear to upload. I hadn't used the app before because I only have a pair of Sony earbuds, everything else is from different brands. But after reading your posts, I decided to give it a try. I didn't compare it closely, but the sound is not bad after using this app, so I'll just keep using it from now on.

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #15,312 of 15,611
It's not even burnt in yet 😂
With so many doubters, it's really nice to hear another positive experience. So far there have been the same results from perfect strangers from all over the world. I still haven't heard a negative experience.

@Sonywalkmanuser how did you first come about this card? Just luck? Swissbit's extensive documentation (with nothing to do with sound)? Curious about different Industrial cards? Did someone recommend it to you?

Either way, thank you very much for contributing to more of us trying Swissbit ❤️

Apr 8, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #15,315 of 15,611
This thread is a psyop I'm now convinced. The great microsd-phile revolution is upon us.
Damn, somebody got wise.. the plan is to get these cards into users DAPs. Subliminal messages will be fed into the users ears whenever they are listening to music. At the right time, a trigger signal will be sent to control them, and takeover their brains. Nothing less than world domination will be accepted.

But wait, audiophiles can't even agree and work amongst themselves, and they'll probably be obsessed with how the subliminal messages are affecting the sound, and will be arguing among themselves, instead of obeying the directives.

Whoever decided to pick this subject group to work with? This poor choice will need to be dealt with, rigorously.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back