SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 6, 2024 at 10:35 PM Post #15,261 of 15,683
I still don’t understand how Sony, who has been making smartphones with Android for more than a decade, can’t figure out how to bypass the Android audio limitations while Chinese DAP manufacturers have been able to do so for a few years now.

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #15,262 of 15,683
I still don’t understand how Sony, who has been making smartphones with Android for more than a decade, can’t figure out how to bypass the Android audio limitations while Chinese DAP manufacturers have been able to do so for a few years now.
I think it has more to do with Sony not willing to bypass Google’s policy/standards/guidelines. Or to put the Chinese manufacturers are not following guidelines and writing/using their own “hacks/back doors” to overcome Google’s incompetency in regards to official support for high res audio, even though newer android version has seen improvements in support, things are not happening fast enough.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #15,263 of 15,683
I agree with @Sonywalkmanuser here. Apple Music has stopped working in my Shanling DAP after update due to some security reason.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #15,264 of 15,683
I agree with @Sonywalkmanuser here. Apple Music has stopped working in my Shanling DAP after update due to some security reason.
Or to put, I don't understand why a $1.90 trillion dollar company like Google, can't even program their Android OS to do a simple task like seamless High Res Audio output.

Apr 7, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #15,266 of 15,683

This was Sony’s surround sound headphones back in 2013. This was using the predecessor technology(3D VPT) before 360 Reality Audio. Now you have the more advanced MDR-MV1 and even more R&D done in the last 10years with regards to binaural sound. It is going to be even more interesting to see and hear what Sony would give us in the future in terms of new products and software updates for Spatial Audio.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #15,268 of 15,683
I am an audiophile .
Music is the best re-equilibrating self-therapy I **use** , to set or reset or rebalance my brain to get after everyday work/life/family activities in a good way

Getting to know and choose the gears , to reach here and along my needs , hes been of absolute help
i feel you.

however, when i listen to music via the combo (wm1zm2 + ier-z1r), i can do nothing else but listen to it. It sounds so good that i feel immersed all the time. i wish i could work on my laptop while i am enjoying the great sound.

Apr 7, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #15,269 of 15,683
I feel you too
I can't work on music as well.. besides light work /houseworks/cooking etc ( I can't even train in the gym )...
I am lucky as my half follows me , she has taste and likes to learn ( we re exploring classical performances on Sunday mornings brunch and she surprisingly likes it a lot , she already saved her fav players and concerts...such a blessing .. )

OT: I should buy her a ciem like mine in fact. Talk about budgets.

but.. anyhow,
I believe this is very personal and not particularly related to audio quality or taste or sound signature..which are all things to factor in..

I completely understand what you mean ( when 'immersion' is on , for that particular signature that clicks with your brain cells and parts , brain attention goes unsindacably 'first there' or music first, the rest might be lagging ..even severely: so that I had to learn to put alarms on my phone/watch at a point, when 10 minutes became 1 or even 1 and half an hour 😨, and I had tasks to complete..been there )

👍👍👍

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back