SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 5, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #15,226 of 15,611
Thanks...
what about the 360 apps? it seems the DAP is not supported..
Not sure which app you are talking about.

Don’t have to install any more apps to take advantage of the customised HRTF profile. Once the headphone/model profile is installed and selected, the sound of your Walkman will be different already.

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #15,227 of 15,611
Hi guys.
Was wondering about using my WM1A with a YAMAHA home-cinema amplifier. There is also some audio possibilities
I found a large difference in volume between using the DAP through bluetooth or if I connect it with a 3.5 cable to RCA
Does someone knows why it's such a difference ?

Also, what would be the best option to connect the DAP with the amplifier ?
Thanks

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #15,228 of 15,611
Spoteq31 upsamples all to 384khz on 1am2 / via 1am2 hardware ,..which I don't think it is far in quality from DSD remastering ( didn't A/B extensively but..)
+ simplified chinese 'clear/dry signature'

But i will A/B :)
I don’t think the spoteq31 would be utilizing any of the Walkman’s custom hardware(FPGA or NPU or DSP logic) to perform upsampling, it is likely using the main ARM cpu of the NXP SoC to perform such upsampling via software processing. Meaning it is not going to be hardware accelerated execution but more of a regular software code that runs on any android device. This is in comparison to Sony DSD Remastering Mode which it’s upsampling/conversion is calculated by a custom FPGA hardware chip built into the Walkman.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #15,229 of 15,611
Hi guys.
Was wondering about using my WM1A with a YAMAHA home-cinema amplifier. There is also some audio possibilities
I found a large difference in volume between using the DAP through bluetooth or if I connect it with a 3.5 cable to RCA

Thanks
Walkman doesn’t have tradition Line Out. So when you send signal via Bluetooth to your DAC it will pass 2v to your amplifier but same May not be true if you connect Walkman directly to amp

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #15,230 of 15,611
Walkman doesn’t have tradition Line Out. So when you send signal via Bluetooth to your DAC it will pass 2v to your amplifier but same May not be true if you connect Walkman directly to amp
Bluetooth is utilising a lossy transmission codec, it’s likely going to be SBC codec for Yamaha receivers. While SBC can sound good, I don’t think it would offer better sound quality over wired line connection.

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #15,231 of 15,611
@HiFi Oasis I would recommend for you to update to the new 10.4.1 headphone app and try using it with DSEE Ultimate. There's spatial processing improvements as well.

Thanks for the heads up. I did some A/B testing between 10.3.0 and 10.4.1 with DSEE and there is definitely an improvement. For my ears the soundstage opens up more and instrument position separation is more pronounced. This is a good update.

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #15,232 of 15,611
I don’t think the spoteq31 would be utilizing any of the Walkman’s custom hardware(FPGA or NPU or DSP logic) to perform upsampling, it is likely using the main ARM cpu of the NXP SoC to perform such upsampling via software processing. Meaning it is not going to be hardware accelerated execution but more of a regular software code that runs on any android device. This is in comparison to Sony DSD Remastering Mode which it’s upsampling/conversion is calculated by a custom FPGA hardware chip built into the Walkman.
Plausible , but...I dont know /not sure of the SQ fine comparison..so I will try to do it

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #15,234 of 15,611
Hi guys.

Thanks
just connect via 3.5

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #15,236 of 15,611
Is this a joke?

thesonyshop.ca has slashed $3000 off the ZM2. Of course none are in stock at the moment. I bet the "sale" ends before they're in stock 😂
1000043580.png

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #15,237 of 15,611
Is this a joke?

thesonyshop.ca has slashed $3000 off the ZM2. Of course none are in stock at the moment. I bet the "sale" ends before they're in stock 😂
Wow…may be some lucky one got it
Looks like we had a minor earthquake here in NY. For a momwnt I thought walkman was rocking my brains out.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #15,238 of 15,611
the walkman 3.5 at full volume has 2v out...
I didn't know that then may be the user didn’t have the full volume set when connected to amp.

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #15,239 of 15,611
Wow…may be some lucky one got it
Looks like we had a minor earthquake here in NY. For a momwnt I thought walkman was rocking my brains out.
Oh wow! Hope it wasn't serious / everyone is safe. I'm not far north in Ontario, we're due for (hopefully) a minor earthquake.

thesonyshop.ca has been out of stock of ZM2 for almost two weeks, and they've changed the price in the last 24 hours. I'm sure it's a mistake.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #15,240 of 15,611
Oh wow! Hope it wasn't serious / everyone is safe. I'm not far north in Ontario, we're due for (hopefully) a minor earthquake.

thesonyshop.ca has been out of stock of ZM2 for almost two weeks, and they've changed the price in the last 24 hours. I'm sure it's a mistake.
It was minor and hopefully all done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back