SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jan 19, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #13,756 of 15,604
micromachines-12-01152-g005.png
Also extremely cold temperatures actually causes more read disturb errors, so don’t try to freeze your card in the freezer for sound quality:

https://www.mdpi.com/2072-666X/12/10/1152

He was joking :D

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #13,757 of 15,604
While it is extremely unlikely that the microSD card would become damaged by temperature while using inside our well designed Sony Walkman with its low heat generation S-Master HX digital amplifier, it is possible to get your microSD card damaged or have reduce operating life span in other electronic devices like portable gaming consoles or other high heat generation DAPs, so temperature rating of the microSD card do matter in some usage cases.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ROGAlly/comments/14jw7o5/micro_sd_card_will_overheat_or_damage_under/

@andrewski
I would think that the Swissbit has about the same leve of error correction as the Samsung Pro Ultimate as both are using extremely powerful LDPC type of error detection and correction algorithms.
It's not about the higher temperatures from the DAP, it's about the low temperatures from the fridge. There are not so many manufacturers which offer rather low operating temperatures for SD cards ☝🏼 And, for sure, it's important to stay within the specs and to give the card enough room for breathing. 🙂

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #13,759 of 15,604
Maybe these discussions only arise on this thread because we're long-term listeners (we don't buy a walkman every year). While others change their gear so often, they don't know what they're listening to? :)
sony lovers know sony is the truth, everything else I've tried pales in comparison, especially thanks to npaudio mods and @MrWalkman firmware.

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #13,762 of 15,604
Could a man describe the after-effect of the NPAudio mods? 🙂
Extension on both ends improved, staging expanded a bit in width, but height and depth were more noticable, coherence and layering was vastly improved, seperation, tacticility etc.

my favorite settings changed with this mod:

Bright
J3
Plus mode v2, always on
Gain = 1 (high gain) + high gain in sony settings
Dac initialization = 1

The sound is absolutely insane, need to hear it to believe it

Also, all the DSP options sound fantastic with the mods (both np and mr)

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #13,763 of 15,604
Extension on both ends improved, staging expanded a bit in width, but height and depth were more noticable, coherence and layering was vastly improved, seperation, tacticility etc.

Bright
J3
Plus mode v2, always on
Dac initialization = 1

Perhaps someday, with a little courage, a man might take the leap of faith. Thank you for the impressions. 🙂

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #13,766 of 15,604
Just confirming, mr.walkman software is not compatible with 1ZM2? Only mark 1’s correct?

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #13,768 of 15,604
I’m torn. I want a another Sony to compliment my 1ZM2 and not sure if I should go with 1AM2 or 1A (would upgrade/ mod)

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #13,769 of 15,604

Bright
J3
Plus mode v2, always on
Dac initialization = 1

What DSP options do you use and what are the sound effects?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back