SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Nov 6, 2023 at 1:45 AM Post #13,366 of 15,589
I've received the NW-WM1AM2 and I've been enjoying the device when paired along with the IER-Z1R. Pretty solid overall when playing back my own library.

I noticed a couple of posts adressing the possibility of streaming native DSD remotely. I believe I have achieved this by utilizing Neutron, which is one of the few, or possibly the only 3rd party application capable of playing DSD natively on the device. My solution is to use SFTP to connect to my library remotely and stream it via Neutron.

My main issue with this is, first SFTP is not really the ideal method / protocol of streaming audio. I've encountered some synchronisation issues - Primarily that I often have to wait several minutes for Neutron to sync with my SFTP server, or in a few cases, having to re-sync my entire library, which took a rather frustrating ~2 hours due to the size of my library.

I was rather put off by the fact that with Roon, I am unable to stream DSD without PCM conversion remotely. I believe this is because Roon does not have the capability of playing DSD natively on the device.

I have also attempted to utilize a Subsonic Server, but at this time all of the applications available on Android that I can use to playback files from Subsonic do not have the ability to playback native DSD.

Are there any other known methods of remotely streaming DSD files to the device with Neutron, or maybe another application that I am not currently aware of? At this time is Neutron the only application, apart from default Walkman app, that can playback DSD natively? Obviously if there are any other options they would need the capability to connect to Subsonic or something similar to do so - excluding the use SFTP. I believe, possibly, USB Audio Player has the ability to bypass SRC and interface with the Hi-Res Driver, but at this time I have not used the app so I am not familiar with it's functionality.

Thanks for any advice or solutions. Much Appreciated!

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #13,371 of 15,589
The uncapped version in low gain still is more powerfull than the capped version

Is it really? I heard above that the "quality" of the sound on the uncapped might be better than on the capped at the same low gain volume level, but now we're saying the uncapped also has more power in low gain? Is this disclosed somewhere?

(I have the uncapped version, but just curious). Thanks.

Nov 8, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #13,372 of 15,589
Is it really? I heard above that the "quality" of the sound on the uncapped might be better than on the capped at the same low gain volume level, but now we're saying the uncapped also has more power in low gain? Is this disclosed somewhere?

(I have the uncapped version, but just curious). Thanks.
Is easy to verify it, the when you turn on the volume limit in a uncapped unit the volume stops at 68(low gain), in a capped version stops at 75,so the volume at 68 of an japan 1zm2 is the same has a capped model at 75 volume, and the diference inlarge has volume goes up

Nov 10, 2023 at 2:17 AM Post #13,373 of 15,589
Does anyone else feel that this app collects a bit TOO MUCH of information?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231110_124652.jpg
    Screenshot_20231110_124652.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231110_124608.jpg
    Screenshot_20231110_124608.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 0
Nov 10, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #13,374 of 15,589
Does anyone else feel that this app collects a bit TOO MUCH of information?
because you agree to both. You can deactivate this kind of gamification.

Nov 10, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #13,378 of 15,589
And you couldn't achieve the same with a bit of EQ for free, without wasting $2k? :beyersmile:
wrong question to ask here....

Nov 10, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #13,379 of 15,589
wrong question to ask here....
And why is that?

It looks like no matter how often you repeat that "upgrading" your cables for the sound improvements is a waste of money, that EQ is a much more reliable (and free) way to change a frequency response, there will always be new people falling for this nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back