SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Sep 19, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #12,586 of 15,986
I should have bought a raspberry pi instead. Source? Doesn't matter, it's either 0% or 100%. If it makes sound, the rest is placebo. Don't forget to A/B everything or you won't have the internets permission. If you hear a difference, keep it to yourself or they'll call you a Witch

Yep, you are absolutely right.

Digital cannot go wrong. File I/O is RAM buffered. CRC corrections don't introduce jitter or noise. 44.1KHz is more than enough, there is no aliasing from digital/analog filtering. Human kind already knows everything about Digital audio, the sampling theorem and thus everything in digital audio must be working perfectly as God intended. DAP Engineers already perfected the EMI shielding of electrical signals that runs through the audio circuity, there is NO WAY for microsd electrical noise and interference to affect the audio output.

Are you happy now?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #12,587 of 15,986
I suppose that I am blessed with superhuman hearing? Hmm i guess I better go for a hearing and/or mental checkup soon:
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/16m11qp/microsds_effect_on_audio/
Onto this topic, I don’t know how much people knows about high end PC gaming systems or the likes. However, some SSD or M2 memory can crash the system randomly. Hence, even in PC gaming, people rather opt for the better quality storage just because they don’t want something crashing onto them during mid game.

It came down to something as simple as that auto correct will freeze and stopped producing meaningful data to feed the system, which leave the system unable to compute and crash together

Human brain also have error correction intelligent functions. For example, the picture is Black and white, but you will see the color because your brain has put together the puzzles similar to what error corrections can do. Just so as long as it “make senses” with it it programmed parameters

Once your brain can not make senses of the things it perceived, it would freeze and hang as well….that would be the time to respond with Flight or fight instincts. Similarly, PC can response by either skipping something together or crash

Here is the link about this interesting stuff

In the ends of the day, music, it quality, your perceptions, will be determined by your experiences. I will say it again, some people can tell the differences better than others, not because they are super human being, but being an intelligent being, they have a better understanding and instinctively able to discern the differences easier. Some audiophiles / artists can even have defectives senses, take Beethoven for example, and they can still produce amazing experiences for others. Knowledges and experiences is what differentiate each one of us

IMG_1267.jpeg

Sep 19, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #12,590 of 15,986
I left this thread because of these discussions. They have no place here, take it to sound science people, or should I just leave again. :popcorn:
I have left the forum and hobby for a bit. Due to different reasons. Therefore, I agreed with
People should never torture themselves needlessly. Do what makes you happier.

I decided to post into this matters just because it is a facts and not a fiction. HDD and storage can and will crash the system. I am not talking about anything sound related here.

Anyways, enjoy your journey friends. Will see you around

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #12,591 of 15,986
People should never torture themselves needlessly. Do what makes you happier.
I believe you are missing user9876 point,This should be a SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2 thread. But then again, I’m also guilty of wondering away from the main subject. However that does not take away the fact that User98 is right.

Sep 19, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #12,593 of 15,986
I am not overly used to give credit or arguments or follow others ' bashing activities, less then ever if/on and about my music taste and sensitivity..

But i might miss the point here.

I have a couple friends that aren't able to tell much difference between mp3 and flac ( where I can barely listen to 320mp3 / but i will avoid any time I can ) , but the thing doesn't surprise me or alter me ; i find it normal .
I trained in piano and drums too so..no surprise really about some difference here

I am not trained in painting .
When a friend took me to a particular paint show he explained me things and different aspects of painting , for some of them i was not even remotely aware.. after that i was able to see them (not much before or not at all .., while i liked a composition as a whole I couldn't appreciate peculiar characters) and today i appreciate and see more of it . I could say my vision , not only the brain, gained abilities around it. All true story / stories btw, I am more into painting as art today, sure more able to discern and appreciate

I dont see much interest in people judging one person tact or discerning habits and abilities with his senses, unless it was a competition or a price waiting , it makes no noise to me

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #12,595 of 15,986
I have left the forum and hobby for a bit. Due to different reasons. Therefore, I agreed with
whitigir... you have to stay man. You are part of the head-fi inventory :)

Believe it or not, i - and i assume many others - learned a lot from your reviews and feedback - and i would like to thank you for your valuable contribution in this forum, seriously.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #12,596 of 15,986
Yep, you are absolutely right.

Digital cannot go wrong. File I/O is RAM buffered. CRC corrections don't introduce jitter or noise. 44.1KHz is more than enough, there is no aliasing from digital/analog filtering. Human kind already knows everything about Digital audio, the sampling theorem and thus everything in digital audio must be working perfectly as God intended. DAP Engineers already perfected the EMI shielding of electrical signals that runs through the audio circuity, there is NO WAY for microsd electrical noise and interference to affect the audio output.

Are you happy now?
To add some background as to why I have certain beliefs, they are what I have learned from 30+ years of troubleshooting Telephone Switching systems.
- Single point grounding systems are necessary - had to switch all the equipment to this, as uncontrolled grounding caused synchronization problems
- Noise feeding through signal and ground plane/leads. The only way to get rid of noise is to prevent it at the source. Nothing else works.
- A faulty 1.2V ripple from a single power supply locking up distributed processors in 5 x 4' x 1' x 8' equipment bays. The massive errors caused a total lockup of all the controllers.
- How overload affects processors and resources, and how to keep equipment operating under maximum load for extended durations.
- Experiences in home audio with how lowering noise/improved grounding reduces a parasitic signal using up current in an amplifier, and how reducing the noise "opens up" the sound, due to more power being available. Most easily observed in improvements in bass and micro details.

Thus my focus on noise and grounding, from real life experiences with how and why equipment fails. And how pernicious bad noise and grounding is.
And why reducing noise, anywhere in the signal chain, always has a benefit to SQ.

And for those people who do not believe in SD cards, cables, sources, etc, there is actually no conflict. Those people are already happy, and nobody is trying to convert them.
There are audio communities for all different beliefs, so each can enjoy their own beliefs with their own kindred spirits.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #12,597 of 15,986
I felt that Firmware 1.07's DSEE Ultimate has quite a major sound change. It is noticeably more expanded/wider in sound field and also vocals exhibit more spatial depth/spacing.

Sep 19, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #12,598 of 15,986
I believe you are missing user9876 point,This should be a SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2 thread. But then again, I’m also guilty of wondering away from the main subject. However that does not take away the fact that User98 is right.
I do understand the point, but do not agree with the logic. If we arbitrarily ban discussion on topics because some people do not agree with them, then that is a slippery slope. I will ban your topics, and you will ban my topics. Soon, there will be nothing to discuss. Do we need to set up "thought police" to arbitrate, or we can intelligently and peacefully discuss a wide range of topics without inciting homicidal feelings? And sometimes off topic may create enlightenment and accidental discovery?

As to whether an SD card can affect sound, that is relevant to this Walkman thread, as whether it does or not will affect the Walkman SQ? Or not?

I totally understand that a person may disagree, and they should disregard and pay less/no attention to those discussions.

I do the same for some topics that I disagree with. And I can have total respect for the person, and for 99% of their viewpoints. And not agree 100% with all their viewpoints.

And that is quite normal, as everybody has to live with differences and disagreements, even with their family and spouse.

Sep 19, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #12,599 of 15,986
whitigir... you have to stay man. You are part of the head-fi inventory :)

Believe it or not, i - and i assume many others - learned a lot from your reviews and feedback - and i would like to thank you for your valuable contribution in this forum, seriously.
I guess maybe @Whitigir got tired. He needs personal time off from the forums too.

Sep 19, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #12,600 of 15,986

Users who are viewing this thread

Back