SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Sep 5, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #12,436 of 15,907
And one more question. Are there any good protective films for the display as with the smartphone? The ones I bought so far were much thinner and scratched much faster. In addition, the cut is not ideal. I had films from upscreen and one that was included with the case from miter. Compared to protective films for a smartphone, they are very inferior. Thanks
benks has a good one

Sep 5, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #12,438 of 15,907
Have any of you tried upgrading the battery on the wm1am2 or z2? I found a service offer for the wm1a for way too much money. I like the battery life with the walkman app and screen off. But when streaming, using bluetooth or turning on the display, the battery drains very quickly in comparison. No comparison to my iPhone or any other modern smartphone. Would an upgrade be possible? I optimized the player right at the beginning with Google services er cetera.
Putting in an extra large battery is impractical/expensive. There is no space for a larger battery, unless it extends outside the case, so a new back would need to be fabricated. All this will be expensive and not worth doing. Just for the purposes of extra battery life for streaming, BT, etc., adding a small, thin external battery is a simpler solution.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Integrat...e6-973e-0ec3df04cfdc&pd_rd_i=B08H8553MR&psc=1

1693932817380.png
1693932843462.png

Sep 5, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #12,439 of 15,907
Putting in an extra large battery is impractical/expensive. There is no space for a larger battery, unless it extends outside the case, so a new back would need to be fabricated. All this will be expensive and not worth doing. Just for the purposes of extra battery life for streaming, BT, etc., adding a small, thin external battery is a simpler solution.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Integrat...e6-973e-0ec3df04cfdc&pd_rd_i=B08H8553MR&psc=1

1693932817380.png1693932843462.png
Allright thanks. I thought, you can buy like an existing battery of ps vita or a Smartphone or so and put it in. I had to do something like that on old minidisc players, where batteries doesnt exist no more. But if there is no room for a bigger battery, it doesnt work anyway.

Sep 5, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #12,440 of 15,907
And one more question. Are there any good protective films for the display as with the smartphone? The ones I bought so far were much thinner and scratched much faster. In addition, the cut is not ideal. I had films from upscreen and one that was included with the case from miter. Compared to protective films for a smartphone, they are very inferior. Thanks
Look for Zshion screen protector on Amazon. It is a tempered glass specifically designed for the 1AM2/1ZM2.

Sep 6, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #12,442 of 15,907
BENKS CASE AND SCREEN GUARD FROM EBAY IS VERYGOOD

Sep 6, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #12,443 of 15,907
Anyone using the ddhifi DJ44s Max connector for Am2?
how does it sound and is it good?

Sep 6, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #12,444 of 15,907
Its not just a waste of money, it will decrease the sound quality. Sony did not ground the 4.4mm intentionally

Sep 6, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #12,445 of 15,907
I had Sony replace my screen with this issue. I used to see this very obviously on 1st boot, then would fade (but still slightly there) pasy 30+ minute mark

Did they do it as part of warranty or they charged you?

Sep 6, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #12,446 of 15,907
Have any of you tried upgrading the battery on the wm1am2 or z2? I found a service offer for the wm1a for way too much money. I like the battery life with the walkman app and screen off. But when streaming, using bluetooth or turning on the display, the battery drains very quickly in comparison. No comparison to my iPhone or any other modern smartphone. Would an upgrade be possible? I optimized the player right at the beginning with Google services er cetera.
If you find the Walkman battery subpar than I'm afraid you will have tough time with other brands.. AK, Cayin, Shanling that last 8-12 hours.
Back to your question - are you happy with voiding the warranty?

Sep 6, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #12,447 of 15,907
That is because it is an DAP and not an smartphone.

The FiiO M11 Plus ESS for example has an 5000mAh battery (double the size of an iPhone Mini and still much larger than any other iPhone) and the battery drains even faster. Roughly the half battery life of the Walkman.

So the Walkman is already very good optimized, i am afraid to say that there is nothing you can do.

Sep 6, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #12,448 of 15,907

I only use mine when I'm connecting my AM2 to an amp.

Did they do it as part of warranty or they charged you?

They claimed that they can't see anything and the unit is working fine. But my mild OCD can't stand that white band, so I had it replaced paying out of pocket :weary:

Sep 6, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #12,449 of 15,907

1693932817380.png1693932843462.png
i don’t do streaming but I love your idea.

Sep 6, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #12,450 of 15,907
Qobuz currently Supports Android 6, but yes, it makes much more sense to just use local files.

I klick the buy button in the shop, open the download app, it automatically starts downloading and i am done.

So i don't understand why i should use an streaming app that basically does exactly the same, but limits me. Most people who use streaming, download the music they listen to so they can listen to it offline. Why not just buy the music and have it as a FLAC file.
I use Spotify for it's discover weekly and release radar features

Users who are viewing this thread

Back