SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Sep 4, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #12,421 of 15,612
I use the official CLK case from Sony and this makes it significantly less blingy. Basically only the headphone jacks and the USB port are visible, everything else is covered
Do you mean the one that comes with the zm2? If not, link please.

Sep 4, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #12,423 of 15,612
Hello. Newbie here, first post.. need some help please.

What’s the best way to make the zm2 less blingy?

Context: am in the US and reached the ZM2 in this path: zx707 (beautiful, but capped, returned) > wm1am2 (good, but had the itch for the zm2, returned) > zm2.

Now I have the zm2, but am not a big fan of the gold color. The amount of gold in zx707 is the best, in my eyes.

I have been following this thread and the case discussions. I think a smoky TPU case would make the gold color a bit subdued - which should solve my problem? Don’t want leather cases. (Or may be I do. I saw the Dignis cases but don’t think it’s available in amazon us).

There are smoky TPU cases but they all go for around 8$. Am not sure they are of quality, definitely do not want to mess up my zm2.

Now that you read through my long story, do you have any recommendations? Thanks for your time.
I bought a Benks case from Amazon. It’s just a simple black case that comes with port covers for all of the headphone jacks and the USB-C port. Very practical and does not add much bulk or weight. The Dignis case looks good but not practical. I originally bought a Dignis Walkman edition case but it is now sitting in my desk drawer.

Sep 4, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #12,424 of 15,612
Hello. Newbie here, first post.. need some help please.

What’s the best way to make the zm2 less blingy?

Context: am in the US and reached the ZM2 in this path: zx707 (beautiful, but capped, returned) > wm1am2 (good, but had the itch for the zm2, returned) > zm2.

Now I have the zm2, but am not a big fan of the gold color. The amount of gold in zx707 is the best, in my eyes.

I have been following this thread and the case discussions. I think a smoky TPU case would make the gold color a bit subdued - which should solve my problem? Don’t want leather cases. (Or may be I do. I saw the Dignis cases but don’t think it’s available in amazon us).

There are smoky TPU cases but they all go for around 8$. Am not sure they are of quality, definitely do not want to mess up my zm2.

Now that you read through my long story, do you have any recommendations? Thanks for your time.
welcome to the forum.

i highly recommend you the benks case.

Sep 4, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #12,425 of 15,612
Streaming is totally fine on my 1AM2.
Same, have the 1AM2 for more than a year now as i got it on launch here in our country and it works fine on all streaming apps i have tried. Its not as fast as my iphone 14 pro max but its just for music so it does just fine. Main reason i bought it too as i wanted local files and streaming in one sweet sounding dap 😀

Sep 4, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #12,426 of 15,612
I bought a Benks case from Amazon. It’s just a simple black case that comes with port covers for all of the headphone jacks and the USB-C port. Very practical and does not add much bulk or weight.

i highly recommend you the benks case.
Thanks. Ordered one. Through magic of amazon, I will get it delivered today :)

While I was at it, I noticed that the brand of the Benks case “BestForYou” also makes a Clear Black TPU Skin case. Ordered that well.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #12,427 of 15,612

While I was at it, I noticed that the brand of the Benks case “BestForYou” also makes a Clear Black TPU Skin case. Ordered that well.
great.

i like a black case, too. or anything that let the sony looks more plain :)

whenever i have a clear tpu, sitting in starbucks... around 50 people ! ask me during the day what this beautiful gold thing is and whether the can hold it in their hands one time :).

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #12,430 of 15,612
whenever i have a clear tpu, sitting in starbucks... around 50 people ! ask me during the day what this beautiful gold thing is and whether the can hold it in their hands one time :).
I hear you. My problem is that I recently bought the bling master (z1r). Now its too much shine (gold and chrome).. thats not me and I need to bring that bling level down!!

Sep 4, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #12,431 of 15,612

Good choice. The Benks fits well and the buttons are easy to operate. I find the buttons a little too difficult to find on the CLK case.

Sep 4, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #12,432 of 15,612
Hi SONY AM2 owners,

Anyone using specific EQ for AM2 for below IEMS. Please help to share the screenshot of the EQ for those specific iems.

1. SONY IER Z1R
2. FINAL AUDIO A8000
3. SENN IE900
4. FINAL AUDIO E5000

Thanks in Advance 🙂

Sep 5, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #12,433 of 15,612
Sep 5, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #12,434 of 15,612
Have any of you tried upgrading the battery on the wm1am2 or z2? I found a service offer for the wm1a for way too much money. I like the battery life with the walkman app and screen off. But when streaming, using bluetooth or turning on the display, the battery drains very quickly in comparison. No comparison to my iPhone or any other modern smartphone. Would an upgrade be possible? I optimized the player right at the beginning with Google services er cetera.

Sep 5, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #12,435 of 15,612
And one more question. Are there any good protective films for the display as with the smartphone? The ones I bought so far were much thinner and scratched much faster. In addition, the cut is not ideal. I had films from upscreen and one that was included with the case from miter. Compared to protective films for a smartphone, they are very inferior. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back