SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Aug 18, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #12,271 of 15,608
I am not very knowledgeable with all this audio tech. I have just purchased the Sennheiser IE600 earbuds for my WM1AM2. In the past my headphones have always been Sony. My question is related to DSEE ultimate, if I use these earbuds will DSEE still work even if the headphones are not Sony?

For wired earbuds I am very impressed, I have the EU capped version of WM1AM2 and using along with the Sony MDR Z7M the volume is never loud enough but with the IE600 I only need the volume around 95.

Aug 18, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #12,272 of 15,608
I am not very knowledgeable with all this audio tech. I have just purchased the Sennheiser IE600 earbuds for my WM1AM2. In the past my headphones have always been Sony. My question is related to DSEE ultimate, if I use these earbuds will DSEE still work even if the headphones are not Sony?

For wired earbuds I am very impressed, I have the EU capped version of WM1AM2 and using along with the Sony MDR Z7M the volume is never loud enough but with the IE600 I only need the volume around 95.

DSEE Is working with your sennheiser iem, you don‘t need sony headphones.

Aug 18, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #12,273 of 15,608
Guys, i asked you some time ago for a headphone advice for a capped wm1am2. So, today I good a pair of used Focal Stellia in like new condition for a good price (well below that of a new meze liric) from a pawn store. New ones are too expensive for me.

I have to say, that these headphones sounds so wonderful to my ears and the wm1am2 drives them quiet well - at least the most time, some songs are a little bit too quiet. Maybe I get a little amp dongle in the future.

I wanted to thank you guys for beeing such a nice and helpful community. ✌️

Aug 18, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #12,275 of 15,608
Hi guys, just received my unit and had some questions:

1. "Made in China?" Really? from my memory the 1A was made in Japan. Are units in all countries made in China?
2. I like the black rubber plugs for the 3.5 and 4.4 ports. Was there one in the USB-C port and I just misplaced it? or, never came with one?
3. Is there a burn-in period? If so, how many hours?

that's it for now, but like what I'm hearing so far!

Aug 18, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #12,276 of 15,608

1. "Made in China?" Really? from my memory the 1A was made in Japan. Are units in all countries made in China?
2. I like the black rubber plugs for the 3.5 and 4.4 ports. Was there one in the USB-C port and I just misplaced it? or, never came with one?

1- yes it is now made in china.. 1A was Made in Malaysia
2- I don't know
3- 200 hours

Aug 18, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #12,277 of 15,608

No rubber plug for the USB-C port.

Aug 18, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #12,279 of 15,608
1- yes it is now made in china.. 1A was Made in Malaysia
2- I don't know
3- 200 hours
Thanks, I must’ve been thinking of the TAZH1ES with regard to where it was made. Sorry, I'm sure my answer is somewhere back in the 819 pages of this thread, but what kind of difference are people hearing after the 200 hours of burn-in? I'm wondering if it's worth it for me to leave it playing a loop for a few days..

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #12,281 of 15,608
Ch

Check out the Benks TPU case. Made to fit the 1AM2/1ZM2. Comes with covers for both headphone jacks and the USB-C port.
looks nice, however I was hoping on buying a clear case for a cheapie. I don't see Amazon selling a Benks clear TPU case for this DAP. Otherwise, I'll probably go for the Dignis.

Aug 19, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #12,282 of 15,608
looks nice, however I was hoping on buying a clear case for a cheapie. I don't see Amazon selling a Benks clear TPU case for this DAP. Otherwise, I'll probably go for the Dignis
I have the Dignis Walkman edition case, but I no longer use it. It’s a good looking case but the functionality sucks. Once you put the Walkman in the Dignis case it’s a major pain in the ass to take it out. Plus the Dignis case don’t come with nice plugs to cover up the headphone jacks or USB-C port, not to mention it’s about 3 times for expensive than the TPU case, and also adds a lot of bulk to the Walkman. The Benks case is much more functional and hardly adds any weight or bulk to the DAP.

Aug 19, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #12,283 of 15,608
I have the Dignis Walkman edition case, but I no longer use it. It’s a good looking case but the functionality sucks. Once you put the Walkman in the Dignis case it’s a major pain in the ass to take it out. Plus the Dignis case don’t come with nice plugs to cover up the headphone jacks or USB-C port, not to mention it’s about 3 times for expensive than the TPU case, and also adds a lot of bulk to the Walkman. The Benks case is much more functional and hardly adds any weight or bulk to the DAP.
I see. It only comes in black, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back