SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jun 29, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #11,702 of 15,612
You’ve already spent near $2000 between your DAP and your IEM. Why not get a set of quality cables from a trustworthy source instead of wasting money on Aliexpress??? Sure you can find cheap things on Aliexpress, but you also have a very high risk of wasting money on fake products or worse, getting scammed. Go with a trusted source like Bloom Audio, Moon Audio, or Audio 46 for cable options.
Thank you very much for your comments, I look in those pages to see what I can buy as a future spare part.

Question, do you think there might be fake ier m7 headphones, I bought it in a store where I hadn't bought before here in my city, but everything looks good, but now that you're talking about fakes I have that question.

Jun 29, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #11,703 of 15,612
Thank you very much for your comments, I look in those pages to see what I can buy as a future spare part.

Question, do you think there might be fake ier m7 headphones, I bought it in a store where I hadn't bought before here in my city, but everything looks good, but now that you're talking about fakes I have that question.
If it’s a reputable store then I think the risk of buying a fake is minimal. But Aliexpress is full of fakes that looks like the real deal. Do your research and make sure you are buying from a reputable source.

Jun 29, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #11,704 of 15,612
The WM1AM2 is, imho, better than both WM1A and WM1Z, not just a bit, significantly. I owned both and tested them with and without custom firmware and region codes and whatever.

Its better in every aspect you can think of. Software, Features and especially Sound.

Same sentiments.
I’m a previous Wm1a user and also tried those custom FWs… and to be honest if they added just streaming to the second gen i would still have bought it as that’s what all i needed, very much contented with the sound quality. But wm1am2 surprised me with the jump in sound quality, its significant definitely compared to the first gen. Got the wm1am2 when it was first launched here in our country and after more than a year, still rocking this great dap… no upgrade itch at all :)

Jun 29, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #11,705 of 15,612
I currently using a SP2000T with U12t, wondering would ZM2 be a solid upgrade? How about AM2 then? And how much is the SQ difference between ZM2 and AM2
I owned the SP2000 and switched to the WM1AM2 and I love it, but also due to the value on the long run, as the Sony daps are less likely to suffer than the A&K. Ergonomically, they're also better. I also use the U12t for this, previously the Trio.

I plan to get a ZM2 eventually, but since it's not a priority at the moment as I've been wanting to spend on other hobbies and wanting to switch out the SP2K for a while now, I settled with the AM2. But even if I wasn't switching, either one, I might keep it for a long time. Unlike before I usually just switch between flagship DAPs, but I think Sony has its better worth in the long run. I only opted out with the 1A and 1Z before because they were still not loud enough for a lot of headphones compared to something measly as an M11 Plus.
Oh wow, where could I find these deals? In local audio stores?
I bought mine from Fujiya Avic. E-earphones is also an option like Vamp said. If you can opt to buy uncapped from Japan, it'll be better for headphones as well esp planars. Plus JPY is really cheap right now. My HEK needed high gain to sound loud enough.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #11,706 of 15,612
Recently, I tried the newer DAPs from Sony, the WM1AM2 and WM1ZM2. Both of these units were bought from E-earphones in Japan.

These DAPs still sound as good as the originals, maybe a bit better. It's really great to see the battery lasting for so long, even if they now are on Android OS. That's a lesson for all the other brands - Cayin, Hiby, Shanling, etc. With all the fancy tech inside their DAPs, they cannot just put a good battery life. WM1ZM2 is just as musical, and that little colored sound from the earlier version is still present. There is a great synergy I find between Sony DAPs and BA IEMs. U12t sounds so amazing on WM1AM2—a match made in heaven. One can settle all his itches with this pair. I think throwing a decent amp to these DAPs really takes things to a different level. I tried the DAPs with the A&K PA10 amp and was just amazed at how things changed for the better. That's really a wonderful amp.

Jun 29, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #11,708 of 15,612
Any comparison between the NW-WM1Z M2 and the SP3000? Opinions?
I have both. SP3k is neutral but has more power for headphohes. And the UI is faster.

But Sony is pure love and music in my ears. This is just another level - this warm and musical tuning.

Jun 30, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #11,710 of 15,612
Oh wow, where could I find these deals? In local audio stores?
as you are a tourist all electronic stores will give you the 10%, so BIC Camera and Yodobashi Camera along with e-earphone will be the best places. These are also the worst places on the planet (credit card related) for audio stuff as they generally have everything on display and you can test whatever you want.

Jun 30, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #11,712 of 15,612
What about the technicalities or a more detailed explanation of the sound differences?
with the sp3k, i want to do more critical listening as every instrument sounds neutral for its own, hence slightly more "colder" in sound.

where as the wm1zm2 is the opposite... You vibe with the music and get immersed into it.

Hello, you have the capped version?
yes, but there is enough power to drive my gear. I always prefer low gain and try to avoid high gain no matter what. instead of high gain on a dap, i have low gain on my desktop taz :) - just in case.

Jun 30, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #11,713 of 15,612
with the sp3k, i want to do more critical listening as every instrument sounds neutral for its own, hence slightly more "colder" in sound.

where as the wm1zm2 is the opposite... You vibe with the music and get immersed into it.
Is your M2 (UK/EU) for sale capped or uncapped? You don't happen to live in Berlin or nearby or?

Jun 30, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #11,714 of 15,612

yes, but there is enough power to drive my gear. I always prefer low gain and try to avoid high gain no matter what. instead of high gain on a dap, i have low gain on my desktop taz :) - just in case.
Yes no high gain is your choice, but the uncapped version has more power even in normal gain, to be honest i had the sp2000cu before the sony and i dont find that the sp2000 had more power, the sound is not has powerfull

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #11,715 of 15,612
I’ll be joining the club soon snatched an uncapped 1ZM2 from the classifieds 🤩

Users who are viewing this thread

Back