SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 18, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #11,176 of 15,604
I'm currently using WM1A. Mostly used it dock to TA-ZH1ES. I'm considering WM1AM2. Can you guys help me with these question for 1AM2:

1. Is there a search function?
2. Is there a remote which allow me to browse artist, albums etc?
3. How's the SQ difference between 1A vs 1AM2?
Yes there is a search function. I don’t know the answer to your other two questions.

Apr 18, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #11,178 of 15,604
i was thinking about something like maybe apple music on iwatch can control apple music on wm1zm2.
Does Apple Watch work with Android? I don't think so. There might be some hacks available but nothing straightforward I believe
Its exclusive for iPhone
Also more than Walkman, it's Apple Music that has to allow controlling it via some remote or external device that ain't watch.
Something that Tidal and Spotify has come up with via their Tidal and spotify connect feature.

I have used external Hardware tools like Flirc with my laptop in past to run remote with any app by creating shortcuts and macros however I have never used them with any Android device.
You can also install USB Audio Player Pro and run Walkman as UpnP receiver and then send music via tools like Audrivana running in laptop to Walkman but I wouldnt suggest all these and would use the native apps directly but again Audirvana doesn't support Apple Music.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #11,180 of 15,604
Apr 19, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #11,182 of 15,604
Honestly? My Apple dongle and when I need something special my mojo 2 to my mobile
Sounds good. I tried yesterday my new ifi go bar Gold edition. This sounds so good! It is a Dongle actually. And it can drive headphones like Meze Empyrean or MDR Z1R easily. I can't believe how good it sounds.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #11,183 of 15,604
Go bar Gold is good I love mine. Not good for International travel though :darthsmile:as I was asked to step aside and explain it to security during check in. I had to play music to confirm that it was indeed a piece of electronics. First they thought it was gold Bar like literal gold bar and then they suspected it to be lighter for cigarette. Not easy to explain DAC and Amp etc at airport :gs1000smile:

Apr 19, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #11,184 of 15,604
Just installed Qobuz on my WM1AM2 as it's available in Canada now and it crashes after launching (was able to log in though). Anyone experience this with Qobuz on their Walkman? Have tried rebooting the Walkman, reinstalling the app, nothing fixes it.

Apr 19, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #11,186 of 15,604
Just installed Qobuz on my WM1AM2 as it's available in Canada now and it crashes after launching (was able to log in though). Anyone experience this with Qobuz on their Walkman? Have tried rebooting the Walkman, reinstalling the app, nothing fixes it.
No problem with Qobuz on my WM1ZM2.
What's your Walkman OS version and Qobuz App version ? (1.05.00 and 7.1.0.0 in my case)
Do you have enough free space on your internal storage ? Good WiFi and internet connection ?

Apr 20, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #11,187 of 15,604
No problem with Qobuz on my WM1ZM2.
What's your Walkman OS version and Qobuz App version ? (1.05.00 and 7.1.0.0 in my case)
Do you have enough free space on your internal storage ? Good WiFi and internet connection ?
Walkman is updated to 1.05.00, and the Qobuz app is 7.2, latest version in the Play store. No storage issues, and all other apps like Apple Music and Tidal work fine. I'm really at a loss. Only thing I can think of is that my Walkman is debloated, so I might do a factory reset and see if that fixes is.

Apr 20, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #11,188 of 15,604
Walkman is updated to 1.05.00, and the Qobuz app is 7.2, latest version in the Play store. No storage issues, and all other apps like Apple Music and Tidal work fine. I'm really at a loss. Only thing I can think of is that my Walkman is debloated, so I might do a factory reset and see if that fixes is.
I had the same problem once. .
Then emptied the cache of Qobuz in the
DAP settings and then has the new Login to
Qobuz works for me , and then worked perfectly .

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #11,189 of 15,604
My Walkman is "optimized" (following the guide on the specific thread) but didn't debloat it.

Apr 20, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #11,190 of 15,604
I had the same problem once. .
Then emptied the cache of Qobuz in the
DAP settings and then has the new Login to
Qobuz works for me , and then worked perfectly .
Tried that, as well as uninstalling then reinstalling the app. Still crashes for me.

My Walkman is "optimized" (following the guide on the specific thread) but didn't debloat it.
Ya I meant optimized. I even factory reset the Walkman to make sure none of the optimizations were causing an issue, and the app still crashes. I contacted Qobuz support, they take 2 days two reply. I don't even know what else to do at this point though.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back