SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jan 2, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #9,061 of 15,612
However the Gold Version looks a lot cooler, so that's what I ordered!
I finally received my WM1ZM2!
Generally very pleased, but Mac connectivity seems even worse than before! The Android File App only connected once for a few seconds and then disappeared from the screen, with recurring messages to Reconnect Device! The old Sony File Transfer app doesn't work either.
Fortunately I have a PC that I can use to manage files, but you think Sony could do better! My WM1Z used to connect most of the time on my Mac; I expected an improvement not a total fail!

Has anyone had any better luck?

As I said I can always use my PC but my Mac is my daily driver.

Jan 2, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #9,064 of 15,612
I finally received my WM1ZM2!
Generally very pleased, but Mac connectivity seems even worse than before! The Android File App only connected once for a few seconds and then disappeared from the screen, with recurring messages to Reconnect Device! The old Sony File Transfer app doesn't work either.
Fortunately I have a PC that I can use to manage files, but you think Sony could do better! My WM1Z used to connect most of the time on my Mac; I expected an improvement not a total fail!

Has anyone had any better luck?

As I said I can always use my PC but my Mac is my daily driver.
I have the 1A and the reason (and therefore you with your 1Z) have/ had no problem with the Mac is because it doesn't use Android File "Transfer" which, as you have found out, is screwing useless. However, if you persist it will work (I also have a FIIOM11 +), but it is still a far from pleasant experience.

Failing that, go nuclear, and take the micro SD card out of the Z2 and put out into the Mac and transfer.

Jan 2, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #9,065 of 15,612
I have the 1A and the reason (and therefore you with your 1Z) have/ had no problem with the Mac is because it doesn't use Android File "Transfer" which, as you have found out, is screwing useless. However, if you persist it will work (I also have a FIIOM11 +), but it is still a far from pleasant experience.

Failing that, go nuclear, and take the micro SD card out of the Z2 and put out into the Mac and transfer.
Using the micro SD transfer method seems to be the least painful option . . .or maybe the only one! :)

Jan 2, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #9,066 of 15,612
Using the micro SD transfer method seems to be the least painful option . . .or maybe the only one! :)
I took the micro sd card formatted on the new Walkman and put it in my Mac and I copied some files over. The Sony won’t recognize them! :frowning2: It shows the card as empty! Then I tried placing the micro sd from my old Sony in the new Sony and it won’t even recognize that a card is inserted!
It seems using a pc is the only way to copy files to the new Walkman!

Jan 2, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #9,068 of 15,612
I took the micro sd card formatted on the new Walkman and put it in my Mac and I copied some files over. The Sony won’t recognize them! :frowning2: It shows the card as empty! Then I tried placing the micro sd from my old Sony in the new Sony and it won’t even recognize that a card is inserted!
It seems using a pc is the only way to copy files to the new Walkman!
All music needs to be in the "Music" folder. The Sony only looks in this folder. If you formatted the microSD card in the Sony, it will have created the Music folder. If it is missing, just create a folder called: Music and put all the music in it.

Jan 2, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #9,069 of 15,612
Jan 2, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #9,071 of 15,612
Main Problem here is Android. This avoids me from buying Mark 2 WM1A

I avoided MK1 because no Android, ordered at launch with Mk2 haing Android. I need streaming media support. Had ZX507 but battery life too short while 1A/ZMk2 is fine.

Jan 2, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #9,072 of 15,612
What do you folks think about the hi- res streaming option? On or off? Not while doing streaming but about the effect that gives with local files too

Off unless using music service with HD tracks. If I only use Spotify plus Walkman Music app I leave off.

Jan 2, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #9,073 of 15,612
What do you folks think about the hi- res streaming option? On or off? Not while doing streaming but about the effect that gives with local files too
Search the thread - some recommendations about setting about high - res streaming etc

Jan 2, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #9,074 of 15,612
Search the thread - some recommendations about setting about high - res streaming etc
Thank you for the feedback, i was meaning that subtle diference between the on and off even when the direct mode is on and the native player is used, that more spacial sound , what are your toughts about it, i feel that with sony ierz1r the sound looses some presence but with some recordings i like it

Jan 2, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #9,075 of 15,612
Thank you for the feedback, i was meaning that subtle diference between the on and off even when the direct mode is on and the native player is used, that more spacial sound , what are your toughts about it, i feel that with sony ierz1r the sound looses some presence but with some recordings i like it
It's simulating virtual speakers with distance from you, so there's some simulated loss in loudness.

If you haven't read any of my posts for some reason, I have been recommending Sony headphone/iem users to upload the ear photo to Sony for personalizing their own HRTF filters which will provide for even more pinpoint accurate imaging with Hi-res Streaming mode. Using DSEE Ultimate will help to bring back the presence more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back