SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Oct 15, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #6,691 of 15,619
Is anyone else frustrated with using Amazon Music on their unit? I am running firmware 1.02 and updated the app to latest version, however the app tends to hang giving the blue circle loading animation often. I've tried clearing cache and restarting the device and also turning off battery saver etc

Oct 15, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #6,693 of 15,619
Is anyone else frustrated with using Amazon Music on their unit? I am running firmware 1.02 and updated the app to latest version, however the app tends to hang giving the blue circle loading animation often. I've tried clearing cache and restarting the device and also turning off battery saver etc
Its sluggish browsing through tracks but plays fine for me. Spotify much smoother operation.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #6,694 of 15,619
Not sure if this has been asked before, I wanted to know if this device can or will it support Roon as and end point.

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #6,695 of 15,619
Its sluggish browsing through tracks but plays fine for me. Spotify much smoother operation.
Apple Music is slow as well, slow to open and slow to respond to screen inputs, slow to load app images. Compared to my iPhone 12 it feels like and its an iPhone 8. Shame that Apple and Android can’t play well together! Sounds very good tho, I can’t pick much difference between Apple Music and the Sony OG player.

Oct 16, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #6,696 of 15,619
Apple Music is slow as well, slow to open and slow to respond to screen inputs, slow to load app images. Compared to my iPhone 12 it feels like and its an iPhone 8. Shame that Apple and Android can’t play well together! Sounds very good tho, I can’t pick much difference between Apple Music and the Sony OG player.
It has nothing to do with Apple and Android. It's a processor issue. Fiio m11s is fast on Apple Music. Even my Shanling m8 wcrolla fast, downloads fast, etc on Apple Music. Android requires more RAM and processing power working with apps. And Wony disnt focus on that as much. My zx507 is a little sluggish wirh Apple Music and other apps where I have a large library

Oct 16, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #6,698 of 15,619
Anybody here using the NW-WM1AM2 DAP in conjunction with Chromecast enabled speakers?
I have noticed that when casting (via Tidal or radio.net), the physical right-hand volume control buttons of the DAP cannot control the volume of the Chromecast speakers. In order to do so, I need to open the Google Home App and control the speaker volume from there , which is annoying.
On my Smartphone, the physical volume buttons can control the Chromecast volume. No issue here.
Anybody ?

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #6,699 of 15,619
Does anyone know how to change the "owner" name above the device name? Thanks!

Oct 16, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #6,701 of 15,619
That’s determined by the account info you’re using. Mine shows the Google account name "xyz" dreived from xyz@gmail.com
”xyz" here is just an example.
Thanks! It still says "owner" even though I linked my Google account.

Oct 16, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #6,702 of 15,619
Another Apple Music bug I have noticed of late is the search function doesn't work. When you click in the dialoge box to type the keyboard doesn't come up. Tried and tried but gave up, unless I am doing something wrong? It would be good if someone with Apple Music could check this for me, I am still on FW 1.02.

Oct 16, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #6,703 of 15,619
Another Apple Music bug I have noticed of late is the search function doesn't work. When you click in the dialoge box to type the keyboard doesn't come up. Tried and tried but gave up, unless I am doing something wrong? It would be good if someone with Apple Music could check this for me, I am still on FW 1.02.
I was having the same issue. If you did like I did and disabled most of the Google apps built in, you have to go in and enable "G board". It's the only built in keyboard.

Oct 16, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #6,704 of 15,619
Can u burn in both outputs at the same time? In I’m listening to an output on the 3.5 but also have a 4.4 into a cable can u do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back