SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Oct 14, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #6,676 of 15,986
Could one of you M2 owners tell me the size of the shipping carton pretty please?

Oct 14, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #6,677 of 15,986
Could one of you M2 owners tell me the size of the shipping carton pretty please?
It depends no the store you bought it. They vary. e-earphone for example includes some additional materials and coupons and stuff and so tend to use bigger cartons.

Oct 14, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #6,678 of 15,986
I am still not 100% sure if i should get the [Z] Version...

I want the better sound, but the first generation almost pulled my pants down. I just noticed that the second gen is 499g... thats a lot...

Oct 14, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #6,679 of 15,986
I tested the EXT and i was a bit disaapointed that, even though it had 2 DDs, i did not sound ilke a DD setup. It kinda sounded like an All BA setup to me personally to be honest.

But i have this feeling with pretty much all In-Ear that use Soundpipes, so maybe i just dislike the specific characteristic of soundpipes
That's interesting, I didn't get that feeling at all. We all hear differently I guess. 😅

I've never heard an all BA have the same bass delivery and impact like that. While BA can have fast and well extended highs I don't think they are as nice and exquisite as the EST drivers in the EXT. Not all manufacturers can implement EST correctly, but I think Vision Ears did a great job here.

Oct 14, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #6,680 of 15,986
That's interesting, I didn't get that feeling at all. We all hear differently I guess. 😅

I've never heard an all BA have the same bass delivery and impact like that. While BA can have fast and well extended highs I don't think they are as nice and exquisite as the EST drivers in the EXT. Not all manufacturers can implement EST correctly, but I think Vision Ears did a great job here.
The Bass of the IER-M9 easily outperforms most DDs while being an All BA. Maybe im just too spoiled^^

Oct 14, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #6,681 of 15,986
I am still not 100% sure if i should get the [Z] Version...

I want the better sound, but the first generation almost pulled my pants down. I just noticed that the second gen is 499g... thats a lot...
From my use-cases (almost static use), I love this weight, but I hate yellow color and my wallet cannot afford it :frowning2:

Oct 14, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #6,682 of 15,986
From my use-cases (almost static use), I love this weight, but I hate yellow color and my wallet cannot afford it :frowning2:
I prefer the black one either, but the sound is the most important to me... but only if i am able to actually transport it.

I use the TA-ZH1ES at home and i'd use the Walkman all the time outside

Oct 14, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #6,683 of 15,986
I prefer the black one either, but the sound is the most important to me... but only if i am able to actually transport it.

I use the TA-ZH1ES at home and i'd use the Walkman all the time outside
Having had both and settled on the AM2, I could hardly tell any difference, but maybe my hearing not to level of some in these forums.

I also agree my M9 has excellent base but still think my DD FD7 has more weight/kick in that department.

Oct 14, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #6,684 of 15,986
I would think that the IER-M9 sound signature suits more towards WM1AM2 over the WM1ZM2 due to the more laid-back dynamics of the M9. M9 really requires more volume to be enjoyed, also balanced connection is definitely required for the deep sub-bass to shine. M9 has good feel for bass however it cannot match the bass of the Z1R when it comes to air movement/ear drum pressure.

IER-M9 is like the perfectly balanced iem for long listening sessions where every part of the sound is in harmony. You don’t get overpowered bass nor underwhelming bass. It lets you experience the music in a way which allows you to hear the loudest parts of the music and the softest part without tiring your ears out.

WM1AM2 more peaky transients will help the M9 to sound more punchy in its bass and also makes the mids more sparkling, especially if you use DSEE Ultimate which increases the dynamic range.

Anyway that’s my preference. Some just listen with direct source on without taking advantage of Sony sound processing functionalities, which can significantly improve music listening experience with the right iem pairing Iike in the case of the IER-M9.

Oct 14, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #6,685 of 15,986
Having had both and settled on the AM2, I could hardly tell any difference, but maybe my hearing not to level of some in these forums.

I also agree my M9 has excellent base but still think my DD FD7 has more weight/kick in that department.
Using Foam or silicone tips?

Oct 14, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #6,687 of 15,986
Tried both but always use Spinfit silicon.
I tried spinfit but couldn't get rid of the air pressure issue. Also the isolation wasn't as good. With foam they litteraly are earplugs that play music. Especially on train rides or on the plain its perfect

Oct 14, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #6,688 of 15,986
I tried spinfit but couldn't get rid of the air pressure issue. Also the isolation wasn't as good. With foam they litteraly are earplugs that play music. Especially on train rides or on the plain its perfect
We all most certainly have different size and shape ear canals.

Took me a couple years to find S/M Spinfits are perfect fit for me (Startips on smaller bore SE846's).

Don't like the full feel of expanding foam in the ear.

Oct 14, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #6,689 of 15,986
We all most certainly have different size and shape ear canals.

Took me a couple years to find S/M Spinfits are perfect fit for me (Startips on smaller bore SE846's).

Don't like the full feel of expanding foam in the ear.
I didn't like it either in the beginning, but after getting used to it, there is no going back. The insane isolation, the 100% consistent sound and so on. The only downside is the limited lifespen (except for the EP-NI1000)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back