SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jul 24, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #5,446 of 15,987
Haha! It’s just an aggregation over the years. I have had FitEars ever since they first started in Singapore with the C435.

Oh yes… How is the ES-R10 coming along? Is it a strictly desktop headphone or does it have good synergy with portables as well? I suspect it is something I will consider in due course. :)
Extremely good synergy with the 3Max and now the gold brick~ hearing is believing! Haha.. we could have a small NDP-jam maybe.

Jul 24, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #5,447 of 15,987
Extremely good synergy with the 3Max and now the gold brick~ hearing is believing! Haha.. we could have a small NDP-jam maybe.
Hahah! OK. Noted with thanks. Then the Luxury & Precision DAPs and other DAPs should drive it nicely. Will bookmark the ES-R10. :)

Jul 24, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #5,448 of 15,987
Jul 25, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #5,453 of 15,987
E-earphone in Japan has stock of NW-WM1AM2 in addition to the NW-WM1ZM2 which has been in stock recently!

Screenshot_20220725-111146_Chrome.jpg

Jul 25, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #5,454 of 15,987
Can Tidal work with both the local memory stored and the SD card stored files? I thought there was a limitation with one of those streaming apps... it works only with local memory stored offline files...??
Not sure which music app you had that experience but no issues with SD cards thus far.

Jul 25, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #5,455 of 15,987
Hello all!

Happy to be joining the Head-fi forums for the first time.

I was hoping for some advice / help with regards to the Sony nw-wm1zm2.

Has anyone had experience purchasing a unit off ebay? Also, do the versions sold in Canada have the volume cap?

Thank you!

Jul 25, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #5,456 of 15,987
Hello all!

Happy to be joining the Head-fi forums for the first time.

I was hoping for some advice / help with regards to the Sony nw-wm1zm2.

Has anyone had experience purchasing a unit off ebay? Also, do the versions sold in Canada have the volume cap?

Thank you!
hi @HearGear

so you start the never ending journey in this crazy sony signature corner... welcome to the forum :wink:

the canada version shouldn't have a volume cap. but if the seller is from ebay, so i private seller probably, kindly ask him or her about the region code. because it can also be that a private seller from canada sell his wm1zm2 originally bought in europe.

Jul 25, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #5,457 of 15,987
hi @HearGear

so you start the never ending journey in this crazy sony signature corner... welcome to the forum :wink:

the canada version shouldn't have a volume cap. but if the seller is from ebay, so i private seller probably, kindly ask him or her about the region code. because it can also be that a private seller from canada sell his wm1zm2 originally bought in europe.
Great advice. Much appreciated, and thank you for the warm welcome!

Jul 26, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #5,458 of 15,987
OMG…… been waiting and waiting, turned up today. Will have to update my signature now!
6BF91771-38E6-43D3-89C6-AD30DCF06CB2.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #5,459 of 15,987
This is not a review but first impressions and setup experience. Was a pretty good experience to get it up and running, music transferred not problem with Mac and android transfer. All album artwork intact which was a relief! Apple Music streaming no problems as well. Having come from a previous Sony non android DAP, the integration within android os seems a bit clunky and weird. Maybe i will just get used to it, but at the moment it seems like two devices meshed together, the android presence is always there which I am not sure how I feel about it. It all works pretty well tho. This is probably not a portable device anymore, not that I bought it to be but it is a big unit especially with the case on it. Sound wise, still early days and my comparison was a Sony PHA-3 so not a wide range to draw from. I loved the PHA-3, the M2 seems to have better detail retrieval but maybe not quite the wide staging of the PHA-3. I expect this to improve with time tho. Pretty happy so far. Sorry for the dust in the photo, I’ll talk to wife about it…..
AD6606AF-2FAB-43DE-922E-C0BD807566F7.jpeg

Jul 27, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #5,460 of 15,987
Slowly revisiting my collection again (mostly on Apple Music now), and constantly getting blown away by the WM1ZM2. There's so much detail and dynamics that I've started to listen at lower volume to enjoy the details hidden in the background that I've missed in the past (and saving my ears!).

And that soundstage height! I've not experienced this before... really making me rediscover my old favourites. But this I'm not too sure if it's more to go with the walkman or the Sho. Will investigate further when I'm done burning them in.

I've sold my 3Max with zero regrets, am now 200g lighter and it still drives all my headphones. Am more or less done burning in 4.4mm and am now doing 3.5mm while waiting for my balanced cables for the Sho to arrive. Might need to start getting 3.5mm cables cos Sony has done some magic there I think. Shall continue burn in and enjoying it.

My first Sony Walkman after 43 years 🥰 plus my first Acoustune IEMs, both offering so much customisation to my music.. gonna be fun discovering my favourite combos for different albums~

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back