SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Mar 19, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #14,956 of 15,795
Mar 19, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #14,958 of 15,795
Mar 19, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #14,959 of 15,795
Thank you! It was so much better than I expected. Unbelievable. I mostly went to see Front Line Assembly (they were awesome, as were Ministry), but Gary Numan blew everyone away. Most of us only knew his early song "Cars" ❤️
Although there’s no replacement to feeling of physical sound vibrations in a live concert, how close to the feeling of a live concert do you think your tuned WM1ZM2 with the swissbit microSD has given you?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #14,960 of 15,795
Although there’s no replacement to feeling of physical sound vibrations in a live concert, how close to the feeling of a live concert do you think your tuned WM1ZM2 with the swissbit microSD has given you?
As cool as the ZM2+IER-Z1R are, there's just no comparison to the full body experience. The sound may actually be close, but they definitely don't feel the same :)

Mar 19, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #14,961 of 15,795
As cool as the ZM2+IER-Z1R are, there's just no comparison to the full body experience. The sound may actually be close, but they definitely don't feel the same :)
The biggest issue with live concert is you only can experience it a single time. No rewind button as of yet.

I used to own a Panasonic portable disc player that had this VMSS system that turn bass frequencies into physical vibrations with special headphones that has vibrators in them. I guess that’s the closest in terms of feeling vibrations.

What I meant to ask you was how do you think of the swissbit added sense of airiness and space, does it come close to the live concert? This in comparison to your old Kingston microSD.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #14,962 of 15,795
The biggest issue with live concert is you only can experience it a single time. No rewind button as of yet.

I used to own a Panasonic portable disc player that had this VMSS system that turn bass frequencies into physical vibrations with special headphones that has vibrators in them. I guess that’s the closest in terms of feeling vibrations.

What I meant to ask you was how do you think of the swissbit added sense of airiness and space, does it come close to the live concert? This in comparison to your old Kingston microSD.
The Kingston was good enough. I was late getting my first smartphone. I got the HTC One(m8) in 2014, it had 32G internal plus microSD. I forget the model of my first Kingston, it's was 64G and gold in colour. It wasn't long before I was comparing the sound between the card and the internal storage. When listening to the card, I couldn't tell the difference. But, on songs that I knew really well, I could hear more on the internal storage.

Same case with my next two LG phones. I couldn't tell what was missing when listening to the card, but could always feel the improvement when listening to internal storage. And the difference seemed more obvious over time.

My next Kingston was 128G and it turned into dead plastic when it filled to 64G (nothing would recognize it, unable to format). Replaced in store for a second one, and it worked for a couple weeks until it was filled to 105G, and it turned into dead plastic. Sent that directly to Kingston for a replacement and it works flawlessly to this day. As does my original 64G.

My third Kingston is 512G and is quickly eating itself. Taking chunks of my music files and turning them into loud chirps. I'd notice one or two new ones a week -just of the files I did listen to. Since been replaced with a Swissbit. I'm done with Kingston.

The sound improvement from internal storage to Swissbit is two or three times greater than Kingston to internal storage, to me.

I just can't compare live music to iem's. I would never listen at the same volume. A Ministry concert might be more distorted than a live recording. But feels much better :)

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #14,963 of 15,795
The Kingston was good enough. I was late getting my first smartphone. I got the HTC One(m8) in 2014, it had 32G internal plus microSD. I forget the model of my first Kingston, it's was 64G and gold in colour. It wasn't long before I was comparing the sound between the card and the internal storage. When listening to the card, I couldn't tell the difference. But, on songs that I knew really well, I could hear more on the internal storage.

Same case with my next two LG phones. I couldn't tell what was missing when listening to the card, but could always feel the improvement when listening to internal storage. And the difference seemed more obvious over time.

My next Kingston was 128G and it turned into dead plastic when it filled to 64G (nothing would recognize it, unable to format). Replaced in store for a second one, and it worked for a couple weeks until it was filled to 105G, and it turned into dead plastic. Sent that directly to Kingston for a replacement and it works flawlessly to this day. As does my original 64G.

My third Kingston is 512G and is quickly eating itself. Taking chunks of my music files and turning them into loud chirps. I'd notice one or two new ones a week -just of the files I did listen to. Since been replaced with a Swissbit. I'm done with Kingston.

The sound improvement from internal storage to Swissbit is two or three times greater than Kingston to internal storage, to me.

I just can't compare live music to iem's. I would never listen at the same volume. A Ministry concert might be more distorted than a live recording. But feels much better :)
Sounds like there could be manufacturing issues with these Kingstons. Or maybe there could be counterfeit problems too.

At least now with this swissbit card, you have the assurance that the card is authentic and will be lasting a long long time with no data corruption.

Although there is no way for current audio equipment to fully replicate live music, I would think that the experience you get on the M2 Walkman with the swissbit card is much more closer in terms of acoustical immersion. On my setup, with dsee ultimate sound processing, I am getting pin point imaging of instruments and also sensing the atmosphere of the concert, a fantastic experience especially when you close your eyes and listen in a dark room.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #14,964 of 15,795
What genres of music do you like and do you listen to more on your Walkman? Since the update I think my M7 sounds better, I feel like it's more fun, I haven't turned on the Japanese language, I'm afraid I won't be able to return to my native language haha.
if u worried navigating back to native language .. u can use Google lens translate via your handphone...

Mar 20, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #14,965 of 15,795
Listening to my Sony WM1ZM2 / Dita Project M connected to Rocoon UFO grounding block. Sounds awesome! 😍
IMG_20240318_132625.jpg

Mar 20, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #14,966 of 15,795
Listening to my Sony WM1ZM2 / Dita Project M connected to Rocoon UFO grounding block. Sounds awesome! 😍
IMG_20240318_132625.jpg
What difference does the grounding block make? Also it seems like there's no online information about this.

Mar 20, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #14,967 of 15,795
What difference does the grounding block make? Also it seems like there's no online information about this.
More darker, better instrumental separation, slightly bigger soundstage and bass quality.
It's only available in Rocoon official store in Taobao.

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #14,968 of 15,795
I find 90% of time of live concerts ( where speakres amplifiers and large publics are involved ) the quality of audio and listening is bad (and I mean very bad in real, apart rarities)

In fact, to my understanding and experience, people go to live gigs because of the presence of the performer, and for the 'whole thing' of involvment in the show. In this context audio quality is the last factor of the list and not even remotely comparable to playing music at home in an hi-fi system , the very vast majority of cases.

Acoustic ensambles , and halls hosting classical , are a different matter of course

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #14,970 of 15,795

I can already say that Micron SD have darker sound quality then the Kootion pro SD .

Bass comes **way more pronounced in Micron SD card then what I hear from Kootion SD. The Kootion SD card sounds more vibrant and somewhat closer in mids. I wouldn't call it absolutely 'better' for anybody, but there's no dubts they show a slightly different sound, the Micron being both smoother and 'bassier'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back