SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jan 16, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #13,696 of 15,988
Funny then how people claim to hear a huge difference in sound.
Well, it only shows how easy it is to trick yourself into hearing things that don't exist when you've paid so much more :D
Even funnier people at Sony audio d&r and engeneers , people that project a 500gr brick and price it 3x , for giving you the extra hassles or the things that don't exist 😃

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 6:06 AM Post #13,697 of 15,988
1am2 is 290gr

1zm2 is 500gr...half kg
1am2 is sensibly much lighter
1zm2 is not entering in my pockets ..I have to choose a way for transport .. or dress 😄
1am2 do it easy , in and out of pockets , almost any , can pick it up and go..😎
I personally don't mind if i have ~300g or ~500g in my pocket (or my jacket or wherever). I do understand that some people do mind, but i don't thing its that much of a deal.

I just put it into my pocket like i do with my smartphone. Or now, in winter, i put it into the inner pocket of my jacket near the chest.

Jan 16, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #13,699 of 15,988
Funny then how people claim to hear a huge difference in sound.
Well, it only shows how easy it is to trick yourself into hearing things that don't exist when you've paid so much more :D
The difference does exist, its just not as big.

At least i am able to hear them with the IER-M9 with Songs i know well and know where to listen, but everyone have to decide for himself if that is worth the money.

There is a slight difference in the sub-bass/bass region where the WM1ZM2 is a hint stronger/has more impact. But again, its not a big difference. Depending on the earphone/headphone you use, you might never hear it

But at least in my testing conditions with the IER-M9, it is there and can be heard.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #13,700 of 15,988
Hm, 500 grams is for amateurs. :) Imagine that there are people who think this is reasonable:

DMP-Z1onthego.jpg

2500 grams on the go (weight of VanNuys case additional).

Jan 16, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #13,701 of 15,988
Hm, 500 grams is for amateurs. :) Imagine that there are people who think this is reasonable:

DMP-Z1onthego.jpg

Ah, the beautiful MDR-Z1R^^ i am wearing them right now, listening to BiSH

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #13,703 of 15,988

DMP-Z1onthego.jpg

Tremendous image, I hope one day to get that Dmp-z1 and the MDR-Z1R, they are beautiful.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #13,704 of 15,988
Have you bought the kimber cable on Aliexpress, do you think it is original?

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #13,705 of 15,988
Between the IER-M7 and the IER-M9 is there much difference in sound?

What Sony inear do you recommend for metal and rock?

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #13,706 of 15,988
Tremendous image, I hope one day to get that Dmp-z1 and the MDR-Z1R, they are beautiful.

I want to be clear that this is not me or my photo. :) While I can see why one would arrive at such a point (the Z1-Z1R pairing is simply amazing and addictive), I am more than happy with my AM2 while on the move. My VanNuys case is more about safe transport from A to B, not about risking putting a scratch on a unit that has cost me half of my other audio gear to acquire.

I am sure the enthusiast in the photo has another DMP-Z1 at home. :)

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #13,707 of 15,988
I want to be clear that this is not me or my photo. :) While I can see why one would arrive at such a point (the Z1-Z1R pairing is simply amazing and addictive), I am more than happy with my AM2 while on the move. My VanNuys case is more about safe transport from A to B, not about risking putting a scratch on a unit that has cost me half of my other audio gear to acquire.

I am sure the enthusiast in the photo has another DMP-Z1 at home. :)
I have the daps
wm1a, and wm1am2 that I use in the office and the a55 is the one that I use from the office to home.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #13,708 of 15,988
Between the IER-M7 and the IER-M9 is there much difference in sound?

What Sony inear do you recommend for metal and rock?
It is. Its not insanely big but no question big enough to be worth the price. The IER-M9 is better in pretty much everything.

And it is perfectly usable for Metal and Rock of any kind, but also for every other genre. Its an Monitor, it reproduces everything as close to the source as absolutely possible.

But be warned, they are closed. It is not recommend (and can even be harmful) to use them with silicone earpieces. So if you absolutely hate foam, do not buy them.

The current recommendation is is COMPLY TZ-200 or TRZ-200 which are very comfortable, provide excellent isolation and highest possible sound quality

Jan 16, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #13,709 of 15,988
It is. Its not insanely big but no question big enough to be worth the price. The IER-M9 is better in pretty much everything.

And it is perfectly usable for Metal and Rock of any kind, but also for every other genre. Its an Monitor, it reproduces everything as close to the source as absolutely possible.

But be warned, they are closed. It is not recommend (and can even be harmful) to use them with silicone earpieces. So if you absolutely hate foam, do not buy them.

The current recommendation is is COMPLY TZ-200 or TRZ-200 which are very comfortable, provide excellent isolation and highest possible sound quality
I have the ier-m7 and I use it in the office almost 8 hours a day but I stopped using all types of inear because it caused irritation or something happened to me, and I think it was the m7 that's why you say they are closed, right now I only use pure over.

Jan 16, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #13,710 of 15,988
I have the ier-m7 and I use it in the office almost 8 hours a day but I stopped using all types of inear because it caused irritation or something happened to me, and I think it was the m7 that's why you say they are closed, right now I only use pure over.
When the m7 and m9 are closed, what type of damage can they cause? According to me, I get irritated by constantly doing the adjustment correctly and by being closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back