SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Mar 16, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #10,817 of 15,760
I was looking at getting a mojo2 with poly, but got an AM2 instead. So very glad I did. Now I think everything else is hot garbage. But wouldn't say so on the mojo thread.

I'm completely spoiled by the sound of the AM2 with IER-Z1R's. No more desire for a better sound. No more pursuit. I don't know what to do with my life anymore, so there's only one thing left to do obviously. ZM2 😍

Hopefully I come to my senses and enjoy what I've never had, but ...
That’s fine - enjoy your setup it’s a nice one indeed, just don’t listen to a Poly/Mojo 2 if you want to keep that perception.. like I did :frowning2:

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #10,818 of 15,760
I'm really enjoying this debate learning a lot. I actually think that current technology and maybe even a generation older already peaked at reproduction accuracy and fidelity that the human ear can actually detect and now it's just refining it for a future when we are bat human hybrids 🤣

personally for my use case I probably would in retrospect get an uncapped 707 instead of the AM2 due to its improved form factor and comparable battery life. ideally something like the 306 form factor but 707 battery life, power and sound quality with both 4.4 and 3.5 output would be my ideal solution. I prefer to not have a phone anywhere near me when I'm enjoying music because then I end up doing other things or people end up barging on by personal time. and ever since they got rid of SD card slots it's a pain in the ass. Even without music my phone's on board memory gets filled up pretty quickly due to apps and other uses.
+1

but this conversation reminds me again:
first: i enjoy music and whatever sounds good and makes me smile = perfect devices / best dap in the world TO ME! i am a listener, not a power point chart comparer.
second: i don't understand most of the discussion above, due to lack of knowledge and vocabulary in this field. i hope that i will be able to understand such discussion and reviews more some when in the future. however, it will not "improve" my "experience" and "level of enjoyment" at all. I like what i hear, no matter if it costs 100, 1.000 or 5.000 euro.

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #10,819 of 15,760
That’s fine - enjoy your setup it’s a nice one indeed, just don’t listen to a Poly/Mojo 2 if you want to keep that perception.. like I did :frowning2:
I tested the Mojo2 back in Germany and had the feeling it was significantly slower which made impact sound less authentic. Especially with the IER-M9 which is my main IEM

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #10,820 of 15,760
I tested the Mojo2 back in Germany and had the feeling it was significantly slower which made impact sound less authentic. Especially with the IER-M9 which is my main IEM

Mojo2/Poly combination specifically (same price as WM1AM2), Mojo 2 on it's own out of phone/computer usb is unimpressive.

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #10,821 of 15,760
+1

first: i enjoy music and whatever sounds good and makes me smile = perfect devices / best dap in the world TO ME! i am a listener, not a power point chart comparer.
second: i don't understand most of the discussion above, due to lack of knowledge and vocabulary in this field. i hope that i will be able to understand such discussion and reviews more some when in the future. however, it will not "improve" my "experience" and "level of enjoyment" at all. I like what i hear, no matter if it costs 100, 1.000 or 5.000 euro.
Exactly. I bought the Moondrop VENUS due to technical data and measurements, for the same reason I bought Blessing 2 Dusk.

And both times I was left completely disappointed.

This "I turn in music, the Setup disappears and I am just listening to music and enjoying it" was not there at all. I was fully aware that I'm listening to Headphones all the time.

This "oh wow what? 2 hours have passed? I just wanted to listen to one song" did not appear.

And at that point I notice, I already have what I want and need

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #10,823 of 15,760
+1

The only issue with this I have that is eventually this hobby becomes life fine wine/whisky passion - you will have your daily brand that you enjoy a lot, but you will wonder can it get better than this? What if it can, what will that taste like I wonder when I'm already loving this? It's like experiencing a new high that takes you closer to the truth..

This is what I got with the Mojo 2 over the WM1AM2 - I was content with my DAP, loving it even, then I heard something something that goes beyond .. and that became the new baseline for my daily drink. It's a new summit-fi for me even though I have bunch of good desktop dacs like RME ADI 2 fs, Qutest, etc - Mojo 2 with good source goes one step further, I use it as desktop dac with my Genelec 8050, with my HD800S, and at work with my IER series - it exceeds all my other sources portable or not in all of these categories.. apart from sensitive IEMs like Andromeda, where I feel the Sony has a slightly more delicate and reactive touch that goes well with them, or maybe that the Mojo 2 doesn't excel at lower volumes due to it's implementation (and as we saw in measurements - reduced dynamic range when very low volume listening)

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #10,824 of 15,760
This "I turn in music, the Setup disappears and I am just listening to music and enjoying it" was not there at all. I was fully aware that I'm listening to Headphones all the time.

This "oh wow what? 2 hours have passed? I just wanted to listen to one song" did not appear.

And at that point I notice, I already have what I want and need
:) this is exactly how i feel all the time :)

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #10,825 of 15,760
Dunno about all of these graphs but I've heard a chord qutest attached to 685 S2 speakers and thought it sounded brilliant. Being a desktop device it's not something I would consider buying but it does give a different sound profile to music vs the ZX300. I don't know if it's "better" but it definitely is very different.

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #10,826 of 15,760
The only issue with this I have that is eventually this hobby becomes life fine wine/whisky passion - you will have your daily brand that you enjoy a lot, but you will wonder can it get better than this? What if it can, what will that taste like I wonder when I'm already loving this? It's like experiencing a new high that takes you closer to the truth..

This is what I got with the Mojo 2 over the WM1AM2 - I was content with my DAP, loving it even, then I heard something something that goes beyond .. and that became the new baseline for my daily drink.

Don’t try the TT2 then.

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #10,827 of 15,760
Sorry😒😕

While it is not annoying 🌹🤠 I am growing more and more curious, as a vicious music listener who enjoys quite very much the experience and sound with the Sony Walkman , without any drama or need of writing pages of comparison - I am quite curious for the reasons why someone who loves enormously so the Mojo or Poly or Chord house sound/combinations , keeps arguing so recurrently or viciously so ( " rip off/oblitarative/ leave in the dust/it is on a parallel universe " and the various figures used to compare the units ) promoting his opinion here -or promoting on and on the mojo itself , whatever .

ps : is there any particular reason why you keep yourself from buying the mojo or the mojo/poly combination and enjoy it.. instead of be so 'arguing and sad' ?

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #10,828 of 15,760

While it is not annoying 🌹🤠 I am growing more and more curious, as a vicious music listener who enjoys quite very much the experience and sound with the Sony Walkman , without any drama or need of writing pages of comparison - I am quite curious for the reasons why someone who loves enormously so the Mojo or Poly or Chord house sound/combinations , keeps arguing so recurrently or viciously so ( " rip off/oblitarative/ leave in the dust/it is on a parallel universe " and the various figures used to compare the units ) for of promoting his opinion of the mojo here..or the mojo itself , whatever .

ps : is there any particular reason why you keep yourself from buying the mojo and enjoy it.. instead of be so 'arguing and sad' ..?
I have the Mojo 2/Poly and use it daily. I also use the WM1AM2 - I'm sad in a slightly cynical way as my Sony expectations/enjoyment were shot down with the Mojo/Poly combo. I'm a Sony fanboy - got almost all their DAPs over their years, I loved the ZX2, it's just that things have improved so much in the last 10 years whilst Sony for the most part has kept the same architecture/measurements/sq of the walkmans throughout without truly innovating. As an avid Sony listener I want to bring to light some alternatives that users should check based on my personal experience

Mar 16, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #10,830 of 15,760
So you have the mojo
/poly already , you like it, and you conisder the Sony Walkman a ripoff and much wrose. you can sell the wm1am2 and be happy maybe ?
Or..
not?
AM2 isn't a rip off, just that the Mojo 2/Poly is a freak that performs far beyond it's expectations. ZM2 on the other hand I think is a daylight robbery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back