Sony NW-HD5 coming June - maybe?
Apr 9, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #91 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by mushu
Guess it's for people who like having their DAP horizontal. Vertical is fine IMO though.

Think sony were trying to be too futuristic with the buttons. They look fine for a tv remote or something, but for a DAP?!?Nah, sorry sony...

I guess it's to cater to those who like horizontal units but prefer holding it with their left hand, the HD1,2 and 3 weren't conducive for that. This one the screen rotates 90 degrees to the right or left.

If you didn't see it, here's more pictures here: http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/do...408/dev108.htm

Apr 9, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #92 of 203
The hd5 is lighter, smaller and feels smoother than the hd3. I fingered the hd5 in the sony building yesterday and its ugly buttons were easier to use than the hd3's because its buttons were fit size. The backlight was far lighter than the hd3's. Except for the button's shape the hd5 is satisfactory but I wanted more colors such as blue.

Apr 9, 2005 at 6:22 AM Post #93 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pluman
The hd5 is lighter, smaller and feels smoother than the hd3. I fingered the hd5 in the sony building yesterday and its ugly buttons were easier to use than the hd3's because its buttons were fit size. The backlight was far lighter than the hd3's. Except for the button's shape the hd5 is satisfactory but I wanted more colors such as blue.

Did you see if it had ANY features that sony hasnt mentioned on their site?

Apr 9, 2005 at 7:18 AM Post #95 of 203
hi_nw13.jpg

hi_nw09.jpg

review:
http://www.itmedia.co.jp/lifestyle/a...7/news002.html

Apr 10, 2005 at 9:28 AM Post #102 of 203
Quote:

http://www.sony.co.uk/PageView.do?si...sku=NWHD5B.CEK
The sony uk says the LCD back-lit is NO but why don't they mention to us the LED back-lit is YES? Wow! The hd5's backlight is far lighter than the hd3's though.

hey my friend is going to HK on tuesday 12th april, but he is only gonna be there for a week, do u think the HD5 might be out abit early lol? and HK should get them soon after jap release right?

if not, i'm stuck with getting a HD3 instead...

btw, do u know if the sound quality in HD5 has improved? thats what i really wanna know, and any significant upgrade that makes HD5 better than HD3, other than battery life...

Apr 10, 2005 at 9:54 AM Post #103 of 203
hey i'm roughly in the same situation as well. i know someone who will be going to HK during May, and i'm wondering whether the HD5 will be out there? i sent an email to sony HK and they said they dont have any info as yet. btw would anyone have any idea on the general level of prices there for the more popular DAP? ie. the usual suspects HD3, ipod photo, zen micro, etc. thanks for ur help guys.

Apr 10, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #104 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by Catastrophe
do u think the HD5 might be out abit early lol? and HK should get them soon after jap release right?

I dont know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catastrophe
btw, do u know if the sound quality in HD5 has improved? thats what i really wanna know

Yes. As for the sound quality it's the same with the hd3.

Apr 10, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #105 of 203
Quote:

I dont know.

Yes. As for the sound quality it's the same with the hd3.

so the sound quality is still the same as HD3? i heard the mid range are abit better.....

hmm, first i hated hd5 cos of the looks...but the specs are good....

so can anyone give me list of strengths of hd5 over hd3? since it looks like same price.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back