Sony NW-HD3 (full review)
May 6, 2005 at 11:00 PM Post #841 of 860
yeah, i forgot about the radio thing.

i think there should be loads of 3rd party stuff, ebay is your friend
smily_headphones1.gif

May 8, 2005 at 12:30 PM Post #842 of 860
Does anyone here use CD Ripping program to encode in lame and the import to your sony player. Because I buggered wuth EAC and I need to find a ripper that uses Lame so I can put my music onto my Vaio pocket and The cd ripper in sonicstage is not working for some reason

May 21, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #843 of 860
I also have a hd3 and am very happy with it. I have a problem tho. Recently my computer died, taking with it all my music collection. I was wondering if there is any way that i can get the music back off the hd3. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

May 21, 2005 at 10:58 AM Post #844 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by khoa_p
I also have a hd3 and am very happy with it. I have a problem tho. Recently my computer died, taking with it all my music collection. I was wondering if there is any way that i can get the music back off the hd3. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

I think you can only do that with music stored on the HD3 in ATRAC format...sony pushing their format again...

May 22, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #845 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphinx89
I think you can only do that with music stored on the HD3 in ATRAC format...sony pushing their format again...

Really? Thats not too bad, half my songs on there are in ATRAC anyway.
How would i go about taking them off, just straight from the HD? Do i need to do anything else? I'll give it a go when my computer is returened.
Thanks so much for the response

May 22, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #846 of 860
You open sonicstage, go to the transfer tag, and on the left will show the player contents. Highlight a Track of Folder, and underneath the button which you use to transfer music, (An arrown pointing right) theres an icon with an arrow pointing left. Press that, it transfers the files back into 'my library'
I think thats how it works...

May 22, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #847 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphinx89
You open sonicstage, go to the transfer tag, and on the left will show the player contents. Highlight a Track of Folder, and underneath the button which you use to transfer music, (An arrown pointing right) theres an icon with an arrow pointing left. Press that, it transfers the files back into 'my library'
I think thats how it works...

yes, but...the music will be removed from your player, it will not be copied but 'moved' to the HD so there's no benefit.

May 23, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #848 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura
yes, but...the music will be removed from your player, it will not be copied but 'moved' to the HD so there's no benefit.

are you sure that actually happens?

even so, can you not just copy back to the player? i definetly know it won't remove songs from your computer.

Jun 7, 2005 at 11:15 AM Post #849 of 860
I have just bought a Sony NW-HD3, and it is a beauty. It works very well for me, and the new SonicStage 3.1 works ok, when downloading from Sony Music Store and installing. I did not install the version from the original CD. It's a little bit slow, but I have the time to wait for the program to finish working. Everybody complains about lack of playlists. You can use Bookmarks and Genre for playlist, and that works fine. You have to do the jobb of editing the ID3 tags with another program, f.eks. Winamp, but that works very well. It's a must that your MP3 files have a updated ID3 tag for the Sonic Stage program to work OK. I have 2 question about the player. 1 is about updating firmware. Where can I find the updates for this. WEB site etc. 2 is about removing the lock for the volume control. I have read that this will raise the volume by 20%. It would be great to have answers on this topics.

280smile.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 8:03 AM Post #851 of 860
I bought the wrong remote on ebay rm-mc38el and hope it will work well for my hd3. All the control functions on the remote works flawlessly, but the most important feature I look for is for the lcd to work, which in this case does not. The backlight does not come up and the display is blank.

My question is, does anyone know whether rm-mc35elk works. Will it display song titles or artist name when searching on the remote's LCD? If not what does it display. If you have a screenshot, please attach it. I know the rm-mc40elk works, but it's way too big for my taste.

Jul 8, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #852 of 860
i had a 33L and the screen didn't work either. i'm guessing if the 38 doesn't work, then the 35 won't either.

i also have the 11EL, the screen works, but only shows time when playing.

Jul 8, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #853 of 860
Everyone said the rm-mc35elk remote will work with the hd1, hd3, hd5, but never discuss what button works and what doesn't. The prices on ebay is so inflated with this remote, so if I am going to buy one, I want to make sure it's worth every penny. I bought the wrong one. I was told by aocheng of bargain4all.com (supposively the owner of that site) that rm-mc38el will work. What a load of crap. Functionality wise, this remote works, but the display doesn't. I ask him whether the remote will disaply english characters on the screen, and I told him I have a hd3, and he said yes.

I want a remote besides the rm-mc40elk that can display the song titles and etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back