Sony NW-HD3 (full review)
Jan 28, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #349 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex101

Hope I have been of some help.

Great! Thanks.

I now know how to remove that digital rights error that rejects a fraction of your MP3 library. dbPowerAMP did the trick there
smily_headphones1.gif

The player is great, but Sony simply must do something about SonicStage. That, or the market is open for someone to go in and write a program that is compatible with Sony devices that can take the software from 1989 to 2005. Apple is smart; iTunes is very very simple and very very intuititve. SonicStage is a bear. It must be destroyed.

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #351 of 860
boltjames;

1. Only the mp3 files on your HD3 get DRM.

2. You don't need SonicStage to be installed for it to charge and to use it as a removable harddrive.

3. As far as I know - and to my annoyance - there are no real playlists. You have Groups though. Anyway, create a new Group on the player and drag and drop songs to it from your library to make a playlist like thing.

4. Right click, select "Add to Existing Album", delete your old "album" afterwards (but leave the files)...?

5. In the library you can select multiple files and do that, but on the player it doesn't seem to work. :/

6. Tried to re-write the ID3 tag?

.tmk

Jan 29, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #352 of 860
Thanks for the response!

Can't tell you how much I'm loving the white backlight on my silver model. The first time I've ever been able to reverse the LCD on any consumer electronics product and have it look superior to the 'standard' dark-on-light UI.

BJ

Jan 29, 2005 at 7:01 PM Post #353 of 860
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if the remote that WAS included (those were the times...) in the MD Walkman MZ-R70 package matches the nw-hd3 and nw-hd1? It appears to fit in just fine (haven't tried), but I wouldn't wanna crash anything in there by simply guessing.

Anybody got clue?

Regards,

Dav

Edit: Looking at the posterior aspect of the remote, I noticed a little something that might give somebody out there some clues: "RM-MZ3R". It doesn't have all the bling bling lcd-display and stuff that might come with the models of today, but has everything I could ask for of a remote control. I suppose RM-MZ3R is the name of the remote control, does anyone know if it's compatible with the nw-hd3 or nw-hd1?

Jan 29, 2005 at 11:14 PM Post #354 of 860
Hey all,
I'm lookin at the hd-1 as a possibility instead of the hd-3 because i heard that you could give the hd-1 to a sony shop and they would put some firmware on it so it plays mp3s..? But i went in today and they said its not available yet! I'm in the UK and wondering if it isn't around yet, or if the sony shop staff are being useless (the norm
icon10.gif
).

Thanks
Dom

Jan 29, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #355 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by dommica
Hey all,
I'm lookin at the hd-1 as a possibility instead of the hd-3 because i heard that you could give the hd-1 to a sony shop and they would put some firmware on it so it plays mp3s..? But i went in today and they said its not available yet! I'm in the UK and wondering if it isn't around yet, or if the sony shop staff are being useless (the norm
icon10.gif
).

Thanks
Dom

http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/...Upgrd.asp?l=en

I'm going to do the same since I find the HD1 to be more asethetically appealing than the HD3.

Jan 30, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #356 of 860
Hi all, im planning on getting an hd3 and was wondering if someone could who owns one could tell me if the supplied case would fit a remote (RM-MC40ELK) and earbuds as well as the unit itself? Also any suggestions on another case for it would be great. One other thing, does anyone know a good supplier that ships to canada that supplies the hd3 for around the us sonystyle price ($350), audiocubes has it but for $480, which too much.

Thanx in advance, orb

Jan 30, 2005 at 7:49 AM Post #357 of 860
Quote:

Originally Posted by orb_cz
Hi all, im planning on getting an hd3 and was wondering if someone could who owns one could tell me if the supplied case would fit a remote (RM-MC40ELK) and earbuds as well as the unit itself? Also any suggestions on another case for it would be great. One other thing, does anyone know a good supplier that ships to canada that supplies the hd3 for around the us sonystyle price ($350), audiocubes has it but for $480, which too much.

Thanx in advance, orb

The supplied "Carrying case/pouch" isn't much to talk about. It's a soft cloth cover that just slips over the player itself. It doesn't really work for storing anything else. I'm trying to figure out what is available for a case that would work for walking around or using @ the gym. This may work , but I'm not 100% sure. vajacases.com has a custom case for the HD1, but the navi button is a little different on the HD3, so it won't work for sure. Anyone who has found anything else, please share here.

Jan 30, 2005 at 12:00 PM Post #360 of 860
Hey all
Apologies for being a pain in the ass (again) but i read somewhere that the hd3 supports wma, but later i found out that this means that sonic stage can convert wmas to atrac. I'm thinking of getting a hd1 and i have read nothing about wma "support". Does anybody know if you can convert wmas to atrac with the hd1?
confused.gif

Thanks,
Dom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back