Sony MH1C - Right Earphone Sudden Low Volume
Apr 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

deeyou

New Head-Fier
I'm not sure what's wrong, but the the volume on the right earphone of my MH1C's all of a sudden became really low. If I turn the volume all the way up, I can just barely hear the audio coming through on the right earphone. I've tested listening to music on my laptop, my phone, and my iPod, and it happens on all 3. The first thing I did was check for earwax, but it's clean.

It's the 2nd time this has happened before. The first time it happened was over a month ago. When that happened, it somehow fixed itself after a while.

Right now I'm just hoping that it will fix itself again. But I have no idea what's causing the problem in the first place.

Has any experienced anything like this before?

edit: It's working fine again. I really have no clue why it happens. Are these really sensitive to temperature? That's the only thing I can think of because the first time it happened I was using them outdoors when the temperature was -30 C. Today was much warmer though, around -2 C...

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 3
Reports seem to indicate that it's condensation on the diaphragm, and the fact that it happens when it's cold would seem to support that.  I've had the same problem with mine, mainly if I've been wearing them for a long time in a cool to cold environment and I'm sweating a little bit.  I can usually see moisture in the filter.  Taking them out for a few minutes so the moisture can evaporate always fixes the problem.

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Reports seem to indicate that it's condensation on the diaphragm, and the fact that it happens when it's cold would seem to support that.  I've had the same problem with mine, mainly if I've been wearing them for a long time in a cool to cold environment and I'm sweating a little bit.  I can usually see moisture in the filter.  Taking them out for a few minutes so the moisture can evaporate always fixes the problem.

Thanks for the response!

Now that I think about it, I do remember reading about people having this problem out of the box, and it being suggested that it was due to condensation that happened during shipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back