Sony MDRV6, Sony D777, or Panasonic RP-HTX7
Jan 19, 2007 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Dregur

100+ Head-Fier
These are the headphones I've narrowed down to that I can get at my local Fry's. I'm more into neutral/warm sounding headphones, and I was wondering what you guys would get if you had to choose between these three headphones? These are going to be the first full cans that I'll own, so I'm also looking for comfort here...

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 9
What are your listening preferences?

What is your budget?

Do you mind closed/open?

Have you considered any other cans?

Are you looking for portability?

Let's answer some questions and move from there.

Jan 20, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #3 of 9
Listening preferences are indie rock, lots of piano and acoustic guitar.

My budget is less than $150 and I don't care if it's open or closed.

Considered other cans, but I cannot find them locally without ordering on the internet, otherwise I would order the HD555's from Amazon or the AT900/700/500 from Audiocubes.com. My roommate is getting annoyed that he always has to sign for the packages while I'm at work, and I've been getting a lot of packages lately. :p

Portability is not a concern, I'm planning on using these strictly for home use.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #4 of 9
IMO, all the questions seem to point to the V6s. does Fry's allow you to try each of them out so you have a better insight of what you're looking for?

Jan 20, 2007 at 8:59 AM Post #5 of 9
Wow. Everyone voted for the MDR-V6.

I owned a pair for years. They were the first "good" headphone I had and what made me realize that headphones can sound really good. I recommend them.

Also, can you take your iPod/DAP in there and give the headphones a listen? That'll tell you which one is right for you.

Jan 20, 2007 at 9:19 AM Post #7 of 9
I'm not entirely sure if Fry's allows you try them out. I'll definitely have my my iPod/Tomahawk combo with me (I'm sure I'll get some stares with the Tomahawk in tow...). I'm planning on going tomorrow.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 9
Well, after looking at both the V6 and the Htx7 @ Fry's (couldn't find the D777), I ended up with the V6. Sound great! Thanks for the help guys.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back