sony mdrv300
Jan 2, 2002 at 10:48 PM Post #16 of 31
See this thread for the lowest price on the V6. That should be close enough to your budget.

Jan 2, 2002 at 11:09 PM Post #18 of 31
The Porta Pros are open too, ya know. Get some $12 KSC 50s at Circut City, unless you want to go up at least to the $60 Grado SR-60s you won't find anything better.

For what it is worth, I have a pair of MDR-V200s, and they sound like complete garbage. No highs, no lows, lumpy mids, exxagerated upper bass, no detail, harsh, fautiging, and generally unplesant to listen to.

Jan 2, 2002 at 11:21 PM Post #19 of 31
Get the V6! 56$ at CDW on yahoo shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

Jan 2, 2002 at 11:26 PM Post #20 of 31
thanks alot for everybodys advice... my problem is also that i got them from samgoody and they dont let you return opened stuff. im pretty sure that i could for store credit. but as far as i know they dont carry a v6 or if they could special order it it would be retail price. maybe ill find somthing else at samgoodys and buy the v6 from cdw.

Jan 3, 2002 at 12:29 AM Post #21 of 31
Might be a good idea to jot down what they carry and check back here to see what us experienced folks think. We've all been down the path of being suckered into buying garbage headphones before we learned from our mistake(s).

George
redface.gif

ps. research always pays off!

Jan 3, 2002 at 12:38 AM Post #22 of 31
Indeed... I bought my SR80s then they began to grattle, and I couldent even get a refund for a defective product. They just insisted on store credit. I eventually sold them to a nice fellow on HeadWize... Cant quite remember who, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #23 of 31
BTW, the Philips HP550's can be bought at Target, and they are closed and look similar to all of those crappy sony's, except for the fact that they sound good! They also block out a little bit of sound.

So if you want something cheap and taht sounds good that LOOKS LIKE THE V300, get THOSE. However, the Koss KSC-35's, which can be bought at www.headphone.com, sound better than the Philips....

...and then, there is the Sony MDR-V6, which is what you *really* want! You also want to visit www.beyerdynamic.com, and call them to buy the replacement Velour earpads for the DT250 headphones, so you can put them on your V6's.

Jan 3, 2002 at 12:59 AM Post #24 of 31
k next time im there ill write it all down. I know i saw some cheap koss there.btw how is the sony mdr-q33lp ? I know ill prolly not be able to get a decent closed there. Ill post a new thread with the stuff in a few days.

Jan 3, 2002 at 1:12 AM Post #25 of 31
Slayeren, those Q33's don't sound any better than the headphones that come free with a portable CD player. They are mostly upper mids and lower treble, and they have no low bass whatsoever. (Not to mention that they're WAY overpriced at $30 - the $15 Koss KSC-50's blow the clips off those Q33 Sonys!)
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
(Unfortunately, Sam Goody doesn't carry ANY of the "good" Kosses - nor does that record-store chain carry ANY of the "good" headphones of ANY brand, for that matter. That chain carries only the crappiest <$50 headphones from Jensen, Koss and Sony.)

And yes, I had listened to the V300's - but I was disappointed with their EXTREMELY boomy, fairly muddy sound.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Jan 3, 2002 at 1:12 AM Post #26 of 31
Nah, for the most part, none of Sony's new stuff is good...

Those are the clip ons, right? A friend of mine has those.

The Koss KSC-50's and the Koss KSC-35's *utterly obliterate* them. My friend listened to the KSC-50's after that, and she was like, "WOAH! BASS!" cause, you know, the 50's actually HAVE it?

Jan 3, 2002 at 1:24 AM Post #27 of 31
well as far as the clip on sony's go i was just curious anyway
(note to self dont purchase from sam goody AGAIN) pretty soon ill be gettin the sonicblue riovolt sp250 cd/mp3 player. I think i can get my brother to buy a $50 xbox game from them and in that case ill be in luck cause he can give my 50 bucks and ill get the sony v6s

Jan 3, 2002 at 1:26 AM Post #28 of 31
HEY! *many* stores carry the KSC-50's!!

I consider those some of the highest fidelity acoustic things that Best Buy carries!

Well, unless you can find some Monsoon PC speakers......hehehe... MH-505's....
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back