Sony MDR1RBT vs Philips Fidelio M1BTBL/00 vs Sony MDR10RBT Wireless Headphones Comparison?
Sep 16, 2014 at 11:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

halehaler

100+ Head-Fier
Mods are welcome to delete/lock my other thread. I feel I have streamlined my question now and can provide a clearer thread title, in which I'd love some direct comparisons. 

Prices I can get them for:

>MDR1RBT: £220/$355~ I feel these are proportionately overpriced?
>M1BTBL/00: £155/$250
>MDR10RBT: £110/$180~ these are cheap on eBay; are these the best value?

Also, does anybody have any comments on the one-the-ear design of the Fidelio? I'm not sure how I'd like it. 

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 4
I think you made a good choice with the MDR-10RBT's, but saying the MDR-1RBT's are overpriced is way far off.

Although, in defense of the other two, the 1RBT doesn't support AptX which in my opinion is MANDATORY for Bluetooth audio. However, the newer 1RBTMK2 does! I'm not sure where you're located (UK?) but, the MK2 is not available in the US and must be imported. Although, I've seen them around the world for around $330 shipped.

I think the Fidelio M1BTBL/00 and the Sony MDR-10RBT are fairly close performers, but I'd give the edge to Sony with the convenience of NFC and a better wired FR (although they'll both constrain to 20-20K in wireless mode). While the Sony MDR-1RBT is a pretty big leap forward in terms of audio quality (putting AptX aside).

The new MDR-1RBTMK2 is a small step up in audio quality and a big step up in features above the older 1RBT, with AptX pushing it to the top of the list for Bluetooth headphones, in my opinion. Gizmodo AU did a review of the MK2 a few weeks ago. You should check it out here: http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/08/sony-mdr-1rbt-mk2-headphones-australian-review/

In any case, if you went with the 10RBT, I think you made a great choice. Pair it with an AptX-capable player, along with a decent source (320 kbps or FLAC) and you should be very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back