Sony MDR1R vs Denon AH-D600 for at home listening
Feb 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #3 of 11
And many of these negative opinions come from people who don't own them and are dx000 series fanboys. I own them and like them a lot. And at the price you can get them now, they are a no brainer. I owned all of the previous x000 series, and I only find the d7000 to best these. And it's not by a whole lot either. People seem to for get how many, many owners of the previous series modded the heck out of them to fix all of their problems. Well some of those are already fixed in the d600. Gone are the sibilant highs, overly boomy, and bloated bass. I currently own 3 high end 1000.00+ cans, but still able to enjoy the d600 when I go from those. I would say the d600 are in  an upper mid tier class of headphone.

And to add, most "actual" owners seem to like them a lot. But I guess we can thank the haters for being responsible for bring the prices down. First, they said they were too expensive. Now since you can get them at almost half price, they are coming up with other reasons to hate on them. I can't say how the sony's sound because I haven't heard them. But I will advise you not to take any advice from people who haven't at listened to either of those.

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:
And many of these negative opinions come from people who don't own them and are dx000 series fanboys. I own them and like them a lot. And at the price you can get them now, they are a no brainer. I owned all of the previous x000 series, and I only find the d7000 to best these. And it's not by a whole lot either. People seem to for get how many, many owners of the previous series modded the heck out of them to fix all of their problems. Well some of those are already fixed in the d600. Gone are the sibilant highs, overly boomy, and bloated bass. I currently own 3 high end 1000.00+ cans, but still able to enjoy the d600 when I go from those. I would say the d600 are in  an upper mid tier class of headphone.

And to add, most "actual" owners seem to like them a lot. But I guess we can thank the haters for being responsible for bring the prices down. First, they said they were too expensive. Now since you can get them at almost half price, they are coming up with other reasons to hate on them. I can't say how the sony's sound because I haven't heard them. But I will advise you not to take any advice from people who haven't at listened to either of those.

Maybe people just don't like them.

Again, I haven't heard them so I can't comment on them sound wise, I think the design is atrocious though. I think it's obvious where the inspiration came from...I think they should have been inspired by something else. 
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #5 of 11
Sure there are some who have both owned them and listened to them that don't like them. And also, there are many who love them as well. But most of the negativity comes from people like yourself who haven't listened to them. And many don't like them based solely off looks which make little sense to me. Because they are very comfortable and sound really good. I would never speak negatively about a headphone I haven't listened to. But I guess you will have some that always will.

Feb 3, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
I've not heard either of these headphones, but the AH D600's get many negative opinions thrown at them.

People compare the $499 D600 with the $699 D5000 and expect the former to outperform the latter. 

That being said the 1R and the D600 are supposed to be quite different sounding. I'd love to try the 1R soon, but can't deal with the black version. Will probably wait until the new Xperia Z comes out and get both. 

Feb 3, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPro /img/forum/go_quote.gif

People compare the $499 D600 with the $699 D5000 and expect the former to outperform the latter. 

Well, having owned both for a while now, I would say the D600's do improve on the D5000's in terms of bass and comfort at least. 

Feb 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #10 of 11
go for it. that's a good price, you won't know if you like it until you have actually tried it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back