Sony mdr1000x or mdr1a?
Aug 17, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #2 of 5
Which one are better between the two. I heard that the 1000x has comfort issues
Hopefully someone will chime in....I have the MDR-1ABT's....and they are super comfy. And the connection between the DAP (Sony NWZ-A17 is great). The overall sound quality is just average IMO. The mid bass hump is too much for me and I can't EQ it out (with the DAP I'm using). I have not tried it wired as it's main use is wireless portable.

My 2 cents which is probably not worth anything.

Bern

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 5
Hopefully someone will chime in....I have the MDR-1ABT's....and they are super comfy. And the connection between the DAP (Sony NWZ-A17 is great). The overall sound quality is just average IMO. The mid bass hump is too much for me and I can't EQ it out (with the DAP I'm using). I have not tried it wired as it's main use is wireless portable.

My 2 cents which is probably not worth anything.

Bern
I second that the mdr1a should be super comy. I've never tried the 1000x, but have the mdr1a (non-wireless version). In terms of comfort, its one of the most comfortable headphones ive used. The clamp is soft, and the earpads are also very soft and easy on your ears.

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #5 of 5
What about the sound? Is it good for all types of genres?
I would say one of its strong point is its bass. The sub and mid bass are strong and fun to listen to. Mids and Highs arent too forward. I would say Sony made a pair that tries to appease a general audience, yet with good bass and clear highs. Soundstage is ok, not the most expansive. For wireless headphones though, I wouldn't have too high of expectations as with wireless you are trading quality for convenience (e.g. potential bluetooth static).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back