Sony MDR1-ABT Impressions
Feb 18, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #303 of 392
I wonder if the H.ear wireless is a successor to this

I doubt it since they are in an entirely different price bracket.  The MDR1A is $300 and the H.ear is $200.  The MDR1ABT is $400 so I expect the BT version of the H.ear to be around $300.  So just a lower end version of the "premium" MDR1A series.  That's my bet anyway.

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #304 of 392
I doubt it since they are in an entirely different price bracket.  The MDR1A is $300 and the H.ear is $200.  The MDR1ABT is $400 so I expect the BT version of the H.ear to be around $300.  So just a lower end version of the "premium" MDR1A series.  That's my bet anyway.

Makes senses on the pricing analogy, but the thing that curious me about it is that the H.ear uses liquid Titanium where as ABt using Liquid Aluminum ? I think titanium is more rigid ? So better quality ? I don't know though, very confusing. We need confirmation of some shorts

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #306 of 392
Just looking for some help. I need some velour pads for my 1ABT's, the stock pads just burn up my ears when the weather is not cold. I know and understand that putting velour pads on my headsets may/will change the sound signature. Which of these 2 velour pads would be better at keeping the sound as close to original as possible?

Shure HPAEC1840

....or....

Beyerdynamic DT250/DT280

.......thanks for any help!

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #307 of 392
  Just looking for some help. I need some velour pads for my 1ABT's, the stock pads just burn up my ears when the weather is not cold. I know and understand that putting velour pads on my headsets may/will change the sound signature. Which of these 2 velour pads would be better at keeping the sound as close to original as possible?

.......thanks for any help!

I wouldn't bother. I got some from amazon and they didn't really make any difference in cooling my ears, in fact I found them more uncomfortable than the stock pads.

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #308 of 392

I wouldn't bother. I got some from amazon and they didn't really make any difference in cooling my ears, in fact I found them more uncomfortable than the stock pads.

Wow, really! Are they all the same or are there different varieties (quality?!) when it comes to these types of pads perhaps??

Thanks for your input!

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #309 of 392
I posted some of my thoughts on various 3rd party pads earlier in the thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/760674/sony-mdr1-abt-impressions/180#post_11955991

Quote:

Wow, really! Are they all the same or are there different varieties (quality?!) when it comes to these types of pads perhaps??

Thanks for your input!

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #310 of 392

Thanks Tony!

Those pads that you settled with your set, do they make your ears hot? That's the only problem that I currently have with the stock pads. It becomes too uncomfortable if I want to listen for a prolonged periods of time.

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #311 of 392
the Geekria HD280 pads are more breathable than the stock 1ABT pads because they are a bit stiffer and therefore don't conform to your head as much(at the cost of a bit of reduced isolation as well). I haven't had any problems with heating, but then again I only use my 1ABT indoors and never more than 4 hours at a time

Quote:
Thanks Tony!

Those pads that you settled with your set, do they make your ears hot? That's the only problem that I currently have with the stock pads. It becomes too uncomfortable if I want to listen for a prolonged periods of time.

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #312 of 392
Not sure if it's come up before but quite by accident I found a generic cable that fits the MDR-1ABT recessed 3.5mm socket.
I was after a shorter cable for my Fidelio X2s (which has no silly proprietary connection) and ended up buying this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FRiEQ-Jacketed-Tangle-Free-Auxiliary-Samsung/dp/B00HZDILKQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1458133897&sr=8-5&keywords=frieq

Turns out it fits the Sony hole too! Works great with thick phone/tablet cases like the Magpul ones too.

The cable seems pretty high quality and is pretty stiff so doesn't tangle and is easy to coil up.

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #314 of 392
  anyone can recommend me a bluetooth aptx receiver

I JUST purchased this one last week. I received it this past Monday. It also has NFC pairing. I bought it for my Yamaha AV receiver. Its EXCELLENT!!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013KZICME/ref=sr_rp_1?m=A3TG9YEWX61L6A&ie=UTF8&qid=1458217478&sr=sr-1&keywords=kinivo+bluetooth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back