Sony MDR-ZX-700 or Panasonic HTF600?
Oct 21, 2012 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Empirial

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking forward to buy a new pair of Headphone but very much confused between these two models. So far I've only used IEM's & this is for the 1st time am considering a full size cans. I am not an Audiophile but still prefer a Clean, Detail SQ with good Soundstage & I mainly listen to Alternative Rock, Pop, RnB music. I searched & found many reviews of both these Headphones here in Head-Fi but the more I read them the more I get confused. I'm from India & HTF600 here cost around 3.5k INR whereas MDR-ZX-700 is 5.5k INR so please tell me if the Sony is worth 2k INR premium over Panasonic. Also, please do not suggest any other brand or model but help me in choosing from one of these only.

Regards.

Oct 21, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #3 of 12
Clean, detailed sound is the last way I'd describe the Panasonics.  I found them muddy in the bass and midrange.  They are also notorious for breaking. 
The Sony is a better headphone in virtually every way, except price.

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
Hey Kerry56 did you heard SQ of those Sony ZX700 cans?

I've heard them, but not for an extended period of time.  I thought the Sony set was fairly bland, but had a well balanced sound with no huge flaws jumping out at me the few times I got to hear them.  If you like a headphone with a bit of bass emphasis, you probably don't want the Sony's.  The ZX-700 could be a bit irritating for anyone with large ears, as the cups aren't very deep.

I owned the Panasonics for a couple of months before I gave up on them.  Very disappointing.

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #12 of 12
Just got the the DR-ZX701IPs (they're the iPhone-friendly version) in the mail a few days ago. I agree with what Kerry56 said about them. They don't excel in any particular aspect, but the overall sound is quite pleasing. Their soundstage is big enough to give you that impression of a room as opposed to that in-your-head feeling, though their positioning isn't the best. I would use these for casual listening.

They are smooth and laid-back, so if you prefer that over the HTF600's grainy highs, go for these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back