sony MDR-XB1000 vs denon AH-D2000 vs ultrasone pro 900
Aug 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

soullesrome2

New Head-Fier
So I have recently decided i want to invest in a new pair of headphones. Currently i use beats pro, but after a night of drinking one of the speakers broke off and is held on by duct tape currently. I'm very satisfied with them because before i have only used skullcandy ink'd earbuds. My budget for a new pair is tops $600, i would prefer not to use an amp and mainly run them off of my iphone for portability and having no idea which amp to use, but if it really makes that much of a difference i will get one. I listen to hip-hop/rap mainly but i dabble in various dubsteps, trap, techno. I'm a bit of a bass head so having more bass would be nice but i feel that the kind of bass in my pros just overpowers the music and isn't punchy. I fell that the three choices I picked are the best, but if there are any other suggestions please let me know what they are and why. I have already looked at some sennheiser 650 and i don't want them to be open because of leakage. Thanks

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 3
The Pro900 is a hifi headphone, meaning that it scale well with proper gear (amp/dac, desktop or portable) i wouldn't take it to parties though. 
tongue.gif

V-Moda 100 sounds good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back