SONY MDR V6 or 7506????????????
Nov 9, 2002 at 8:59 PM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Gergor
I know that, but Sony purposefully make V600 more available. It looks as if sony is making V600 a "replacement" of V6 on its product line. Then why still make V6 at all?

Aren't they sold in different markets, one for dj's and one for studio use?

Nov 9, 2002 at 8:59 PM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Gergor
I know that, but Sony purposefully make V600 more available. It looks as if sony is making V600 a "replacement" of V6 on its product line. Then why still make V6 at all?

That because the V600 was intended to replace the V6 - but turned out to be far inferior in performance! Many engineers got so p***ed off at the V600's sound that they demanded the V6 back in production!
mad.gif

Nov 9, 2002 at 9:43 PM Post #18 of 43
I think it's a mistake on my part to have mentioned V600. Some people get over-excited whenever they see this mentioned.
evil_smiley.gif

Yup, even if V6 were no longer availble, we wouldn't want to get V600, I agree. And the fact that V6 is cheaper than 7506 and better than V600 explains why we want V6 to be available. This wasn't my point. I was actually looking from Sony's perspective: I have seen more people owning a V600 than any other headphones, it's a very popular headphone. For those of us who care about sound quality, there's 7506. I'm sure Sony is just looking out for us to make a small batch of V6 to keep us happy.
evil_smiley.gif

For what it's worth, I'm a happy 7506 user, and I got mine new for less than $60.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2002 at 6:16 AM Post #20 of 43
Nov 14, 2002 at 6:49 AM Post #21 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by mberlin74
I got mike from Djmart. www.djmart.com/headphones Fair price and shipped in one day.

I second that as I just ordered my wife a pair of the V6s for Christmas. She knows that Sony's are a comin' but not which ones.

I also believe my dad has owned a pair of V6s for years and is quite happy with them. I hope the wife will also!!!!

Nov 14, 2002 at 7:08 AM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Seifer
Is there a seller offering V6's and accepting payment via PayPal? DjMart doesn't accept paypal
frown.gif

Not sure about other retailers, but if you want to save some money, check out this guy's auction on eBay. He takes PayPal:

CLICK HERE

And no, this is nto my auction, just did a quick search to find one for you!!!

Nov 14, 2002 at 9:45 AM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Seifer
Is there a seller offering V6's and accepting payment via PayPal? DjMart doesn't accept paypal
frown.gif

Millionbuy for $69.95 and they accept Pay Pal as long as you have a confirmed address (meaning you have a credit card on file on you pay pal account.) I ordered a pair from them on Friday but they are out of stock. they said they expect more in 2-3 weeks.

Nov 15, 2002 at 8:35 PM Post #28 of 43
Why do I have both? Why is the sky blue? I bought the 7506 years ago, when the V6 was becoming hard to find, because I expected (reasonably, I thought) that my V6 would eventually die. I didn't want to be without this trusted friend!

Now, many years later (my V6 is around 17 years old, my 7506 about 4 years old), they both work like new. But as I write this, the 2nd set of ear-pads on my V6 have split, so I'm using the 7506 until I get around to replacing them. I'm becoming increasingly convinced that both of my Sony 'phones will survive longer than their (proud) owner!

Nov 15, 2002 at 8:37 PM Post #29 of 43
I seem to be the only person on Head-fi whose V6 has a gold plug -- but that's because a Sony repairperson replaced the mini and extension the week after my purchase.

Complain immediately and you, too, can boast of owning a V6 with the 7506's complete feature set. Yay (I suppose).

Nov 15, 2002 at 9:58 PM Post #30 of 43
I ordered a set of the V6's from DJ Mart just three days ago, and they arrived today!! Now I just have to break them in and wrap them to give to the wife for Christmas. I think she'll really love them!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back