Sony MDR-V55 Headphones Review
Oct 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Neusaap

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone this is my first review and I am gonna try my best!

This review is about the Sony MDR-V55 headphones, which sell for 80-100 dollars or euros depending on where you live.
It is on-ear and has a 40mm driver, a undetachable cable of 1,20m long without controltalk feature.
It is meant as a djaying headphone beacause it can twist and fold easily in many ways.

LOOK & BUILD
The headphone looks like one of these:
sony-mdr-v55.33415065.jpg

It is build out of plastic and some metal. They twist smoothly in different ways and the extension works fine.

COMFORT
This is (to me) the weak point of this headphone. It has plastic earcups which feel soft and are that actually. It has a rubber heaband which gives enough comfort so that the band doesnt hurt your head.
Now, as said the earcups feel soft but after 30 minutes already, my ears hurt and i have to take the headphone of for like a minute because it is really annoying.
I thought comfort would not play a big role for headphones but it does and this headphone dissapoints me at this aspect. 

SOUND QUALITY
Comfort plays a big role as said and the V55's did lose points on that. But the sound quality compensates the comfort.
Punchy bass, clear highs and mids, this headphone has got what it takes in terms of sound. As the volume gets higher so does the quality. You need to use at least 50 % on a iPod for maximum preformance. But I am sure this is not an issue.

OVERALL
This headphone is really good in sound and is built well but it lacking in comfort. If comfort is really important for you dont buy this headphone but if you are gonna use it for your daily cycle, train or any drives of about 30 minutes, the comfort won't be that annoying. As for sound, don't hessitate to buy this product, it is great. It is a great headphone if you are looking for one under 100 euros/dollars. Overall score; 7,5 out of 10

I will deffinately look for more comfort in my next pair of headphones but untill then I am not dissaponted by this one as the sound makes up for the comfort.

Any suggestions for a headphone with great comfort and still good sound are welcome. Looking for one under 100 euros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back