sony mdr ma900 vs sony mdr 1r
Nov 27, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #61 of 62

why were you disappointed? there are a lot of good options in the mid-range portable headphones. if you can be more detailed w/ what you're looking for maybe I can throw out a few recs. theres the v-moda m100 (more bass), sennheiser momentums (similar sound as 1r, but more technical & better build materials), akg k550s (more neutral, but big & not really portable). the ue600 has recently dropped down to $190. ultrasone pro 900 has a lotta fans. the mad dog is not really portable, but has really highly reviewed SQ.

For the MDR-1R, I was mainly impressed w/ the comfort. I haven't had another pair of portable over-ear headphones as comfy as those.

Yes the comfort is good , in terms of comfort all the Sony headphones I have owned (V6,zx700 and ma900s) excel , the thing about the 1r is their Sibilance , now I can't talk to much as  I didn't spend a lot of time but ....... I can vouch the HM5s best it , yes in comfort too IMO 

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #62 of 62
i love all classical instruments . in my humble opinion there is more music in a single beethoven piano / violin / cello composition than all popular music written since 1956 to the present combined .
vrt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back