Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #1,943 of 2,677
Every once in awhile these headphones still amaze me by finding details in songs I didn't previously notice. It shouldn't be too surprising though since it only has to compete with my Portapros and SE215s 
beyersmile.png

Sep 18, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #1,945 of 2,677
Ordered these from a ebay seller from Japan. Its been 5 days and the tracking status shows as JFK NY. Did it get stuck in customs? Do i call somebody?

USPS is always slow to update or the info is way off.  I've had parcels that shows at custom but it was out for delivery and parcels that shows delivered but didn't show up for two days.

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #1,947 of 2,677
  what would be a good reasonably priced amp to use to increase bass output for the ma900s

Cayin C5.  Great and powerful amp with a nice bass boost button.

Oct 17, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #1,948 of 2,677
  what would be a good reasonably priced amp to use to increase bass output for the ma900s

Whatever bass boost feature/EQ you end up using, the MA900 will never do well in the lower bass regions. For gaming I use an E17k with the bass boost to +10 and it sounds quite nice, not so much for music listening - where the lack of sub-bass is really noticeable and a mid-bass hump is not as desirable.

Oct 17, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #1,949 of 2,677

Whatever bass boost feature/EQ you end up using, the MA900 will never do well in the lower bass regions. For gaming I use an E17k with the bass boost to +10 and it sounds quite nice, not so much for music listening - where the lack of sub-bass is really noticeable and a mid-bass hump is not as desirable.

I've never felt the bass to be that lacking with the MA900. The kind of bass you are describing is for 'bassheads' if you are turning the bass up to +10, a level that even you say is not good for music. Yes, I agree that the sub bass is somewhat lacking with these headphones but through my Cayin C5 with the bass boost on, they deliver plenty to my ears.

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #1,950 of 2,677
I'm an avid user of the MA100 and been thinking of upgrading it... but right now is confused whether to choose Fidelio X2 (which I've tested In store and loved) or the MA900 (haven't tried it yet) for its lightweight build and overall complete package improvement over the MA100. thinking of using it mostly for watching movies and long study session, sometimes music (but I have my Grado for that) can you guys give your opinion on both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back