Sony MDR-F1 on the way
Oct 2, 2008 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

StanleyB1

Banned - Shares IP addresses with DC Lee Herandu
I just ordered one of these earspeakers, and I am so excited that I wanted to share the news with you guys. I heard a pair last week, and then the search was one to get a set. I had no idea that Sony had stopped selling them outside of Japan. Big mistake in my opinion, although I suspect that they pulled the F1 in order to put focus on the MDR-SA5000. But we are talking different price points and user focus.
If you are into different cans for different music and circumstances, then the MDR-F1 should be on your list.

Oct 2, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyB1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered one of these earspeakers.

Did you order them from ebay? I saw a few of them still available on ebay for about 150 quids.

Don't forget to post a mini review when you get them.
atsmile.gif

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #5 of 24
I almost regret not nabbing the pair I saw in an electronics shop here. What is the difference between them and Sony's other cans, like the SA5000?

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I almost regret not nabbing the pair I saw in an electronics shop here. What is the difference between them and Sony's other cans, like the SA5000?

I'd be interested too, in the comparison to the MDR5000s.

Oct 3, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #11 of 24
I happen to own a hD650 and K701 as well, so I should be able to give a breakdown of the F1 against those two once I put some burn in time on the F1.
Price was USD234 including delivery to the UK from Japan.

Oct 4, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #12 of 24
They are quite an experience (ie. - good). I modded my set by removing the resistor network which 'impedance matches', drilled the RH frame and fitted Senn HD600 cable as split cable rather than the poor LHS sigle Sony cable. Very good imaging and can easily be driven directly from iPod 5g. I paid about $200 from Audiocubes about 1 year ago.

Oct 11, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #13 of 24
Got the F1's and have been burning them in for a few days now. What I can say at this stage that Sony made a big mistake in their marketing, and by dropping them. These cans cut right between the HD650 and the K701, inheriting all the good bits and none of the bad bits. Bass is deeper than the K701 and treble is far better extended than the HD650. But the soundstage, the soundstage. Absolutely the best I have ever heard from any headphones. Comfort in wearing them cannot be faulted. They are also very good in keeping away any low level noise from noisy headamps. I need to take a pic or two.
These cans are a must have if you are looking for something different, but outstanding. I am glad I bought them.

Oct 19, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #15 of 24
StanleyB1. I dont know what music you are listening to but im SO close on buying these phones.i have the k271s and want a open headphone to listen to electronica with.Im listening to Psytrance and Goatrance 90% of the time and 10% 60's hippierock
icon10.gif
And are they on the "FUN" side too?

EDIT: My other choice is the sr225 for fun HP but after some reading i dont think it will fit psytrance so the sonys will be a better choice you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back