Sony MDR-F1 headphones
Mar 20, 2003 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 15
monty,

did you to a search for F-1? there are a lot of threads dedicated to it and pictures, opinions, reviews, mini-meets, meets, etc.

PS.,

Welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet.

Mar 21, 2003 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 15
I liked the F1's when I heard them.

They are very source dependent. I liked them most with the sugden headmaster.

Mar 22, 2003 at 9:17 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by wbjia
sony MDR-F1 is very easy to drive! just plug it in your cd-player!

You're kidding... right?

They clip like anything if you try and put them through too lean a source
frown.gif

Mar 22, 2003 at 9:24 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by wbjia
sony MDR-F1 is very easy to drive! just plug it in your cd-player!

Not exactly. The MDR-F1 isn't very efficient, and its impedance is an extremely low 12 ohms. Those two facts combined make it harder on headphone amps (especially CDPs' built-in op-amps) than most other headphones are. The F1 is one of the toughest headphones to drive properly.

Mar 22, 2003 at 10:28 AM Post #9 of 15
Austonia...

Volume can be measured against the SPL at 1khz also, but what that SPL rating doesn't tell you is on what equipment it was measured...

So fine the 106db or whatever it is of the F1 might look great on paper, but if you need your own power station to get that efficiency cleanly is that really such a believable statistic?

Mar 22, 2003 at 4:11 PM Post #10 of 15
When I had the F-1, the amp that sounded best was the EAR HP4 (OK, so it was a bit of overkill
tongue.gif
). The EAR puts out enough power to become my favorite amp with the AKG K-1000.

Mar 22, 2003 at 8:28 PM Post #11 of 15
in my opinion, the f-1's suck hard. they have no bass, and they sound pretty bad. i only use them for video games cause they're very comfortable and i can hear my friends around me. paid $20 for them. definately one of the worst headphones i have ever heard. when i got home with them, i was so happy to get a $300 headphone for $20.... plugged them in.... and i was like, "What the hell!?"

i keep them cause i like to collect stuff.... but i never use them for listening to music.

Mar 22, 2003 at 9:09 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
in my opinion, the f-1's suck hard. they have no bass, and they sound pretty bad. i only use them for video games cause they're very comfortable and i can hear my friends around me. paid $20 for them. definately one of the worst headphones i have ever heard. when i got home with them, i was so happy to get a $300 headphone for $20.... plugged them in.... and i was like, "What the hell!?"

i keep them cause i like to collect stuff.... but i never use them for listening to music.

after hearing the HE90s i can tell you that all your headphones "suck hard." shut it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back