Sony MDR-EX70LP
Jul 1, 2001 at 2:26 AM Post #16 of 25
one good thing about the foam mod is that it makes the ex70 much easier to clean. You don't have to worry about earwax getting inside. But before I did that mod, I did the same thing as you. When I took the paper off though, I found a little clump of earwax to the side of the hole, so that's where it goes
smily_headphones1.gif
. You should worry though about the wax dropping down the tube and interfering with the driver.

Jul 1, 2001 at 3:09 AM Post #17 of 25
Neruda: Would you recommend taking the paper off and cleaning inside then? How do you attach that paper peice back....or can you?

Also, have you ever opened the headphones up so you can easily see the driver/inside etc...

And have you every tried to clean the little vents (not the paper peice) on the inside of the earphone (not the vents you were talkinga bout taping) It seems there is a foam peice underneath them so i don't want to rip it by trying to get the wax out.

Jul 1, 2001 at 5:44 AM Post #18 of 25
Neruda: Thank you for the valuable modification tips. Question, though, is the "paper" you're referring to in your "balance the treble" mod, that area on top of the tip of the earphone closest to the ears (with the pinhole)? It seems glued. Should I remove it by putting a small pin to the pinhole and twitch it? Or did I simply misconstrue your post? Thanks again and have a great day...

Jul 1, 2001 at 7:32 AM Post #19 of 25
rogeresq: yes it is glued on. The way I removed it was I stuck a pin through the hole and sort of pried it up.

ex70 boy: when you remove the paper you might be able to put it back on, though probably not easily. There is no foam underneath it, as I said earlier the tube is totally hollow and empty, all the way down to the driver.

Nov 10, 2001 at 5:22 AM Post #22 of 25
i got two ex70s from electronicsemall.com and the first was the two tip and the second was the three tip. and yes they are somewhat different sounding and looking from eachother.

Nov 10, 2001 at 5:44 AM Post #23 of 25
I'd posted a review of the Sony EX70SL un-modded, it's still down the bottom of the first page or maybe top of 2nd page of this forum if anybody is interested...

The SL is about the same length as the LP when you use the bundled extension cable--I'd choose SL over LP any day because you get to choose between short and long whereas with LP you're stuck with long.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 10, 2001 at 5:11 PM Post #24 of 25
I can't believe how lucky you guys in the states are. As a rule things usually cost the same here in £s as they do in the States in $s, despite the exchange rate meaning you get more dollars for your £. Anyway the best price I could get here in the UK for these phones was £70 about $100. God Bless America.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back