Sony MDR EX-600 vs. Yamaha EPH-100 vs. Atrio M5 MG7
Mar 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Teckky

New Head-Fier
I've finally narrowed it down to these three IEM's and I need help for the final decision. Which do you guys prefer? Reasons?

I listen to alternative/rock.

Mar 11, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
I've finally narrowed it down to these three IEM's and I need help for the final decision. Which do you guys prefer? Reasons?

I listen to alternative/rock.

I purchased both the EPH-100 and Atrio's MG7. The EPH-100 are my favorite of both with my iPhone4 as they provide me with more clarity and a more spacious sound. The MG7 had a little bit more sub bass but surprisingly I found myself toning it down as it  distracted me from the rest of the music.  What I really didn't like about the Atrio's is the closed in sound. They sound like two    monitor speakers right in front of you and close together. With the EPH-100 there is a sense of more instrument separation. The EPH-100 bass is very good and punchy. It is also a very fast bass if that is your thing.

Mar 11, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 4
Since im more of a basshead, I preferred the m5 wit the mg7 drivers. Listen to all of them and see which one you prefer.

Mar 12, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #4 of 4
I don't have the EPH, but the EX600 and MG7 are quite different in their sound signatures in my experience. The EX600 is more neutral, with lush and slightly forward mids. Bass extension is good and there is excellent texture, however bass quantity is much less than the MG7.The MG7 has much more bass and probably the deepest sub bass in universals, but they have a more closed in soundstage. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back