Sony MDR-7520
Jun 26, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #2,041 of 2,535
Hey guys, I'm from Sonarworks!

If jsblack wants to share his individual profile with you, I won't keep him from doing it.

You just need to keep in mind that this might not be a good representation of how your headphones will sound when calibrated. I can't be sure how your sample will differ from jsblack's, but chances are that you will hear an improvement.

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #2,042 of 2,535
@RudeWolf, thanks! Yes, I agree, the best would be to get a specific calibration for your own pair of headphones. But if jsblack will share his calibration, I think you just made another sale on your Headphone Calibration Plugin.

Will you be listing the Sony 7520 under your supported headphones and will there be a preset for it in the software - and if so, when?

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #2,043 of 2,535
MDR-7520 aren't that easy to get in EU due to their high sensitivity, so if we get enough samples from individual calibration services, then an average profile can happen.

For higher tier headphones I really recommend doing an individual calibration - you'll be able to get accuracy at +/-0.2dB versus +/-3dB with the average curve. Generally speaking the jump from uncalibrated to average profile will be the largest, but this isn't a forum where good enough does the trick.

Jun 26, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #2,044 of 2,535
Hey,

I completly agree with Rude Wolf, plus I feel the 7520s are tough ones to calibrate.
I own HD650 and FSPros, and i can "Wet" the signal to 100%( 100% correction ), with a very very good result. ( OUPS... FSP's not on the list yet.. :wink:
But i like the 7520s better..! in every department... and as i said.. i can't dial over... 72% wet AND that's fine... cuz
I really enjoy to listen to a lot of commercial releases with, and i feel the result sonically is right..! I own Three pairs of professionnal monitors, and feel confident when listening / comparing with those..

So PM me if you want my "calib file" to experiment,
but please : First, listen to your music with the sound processed ( 66-72% wet ) and then only then, toggle the bypass button.
Sonically, the level still the same, so no ********ing..

Thanks Sonarworks..

Jun 26, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #2,045 of 2,535

If jsblack wants to share his individual profile with you, I won't keep him from doing it.

You just need to keep in mind that this might not be a good representation of how your headphones will sound when calibrated. I can't be sure how your sample will differ from jsblack's, but chances are that you will hear an improvement.

Riga in the house... Awesome city!

Jun 26, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #2,046 of 2,535
Question... I was taking a look at the Sonarworks but was not sure if this was something I can use on my Mac integrated somehow into JRiver?  I don't know much about plugins or what or how to enable these equalizations within what I normally use to play music but would love to have profiles for each of my headphones that I could quickly hotkey in to JRiver to flatten them out.

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #2,050 of 2,535
Since receiving my Noble Savants I have decided to sell my 7520's including in addition to the oem ear pads a pair of upgraded Beyer ear pads and a third set of additional forget what they are ear pads.  They are in mint condition, exactly like new but missing the oem cable i have been using a cheap aftermarket cable I will also throw in 2 different of those.

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #2,052 of 2,535

jsblack's profile no longer works here after upgrading my Sonarworks Reference 3 headphone plug-in to version v3.1.6.25 AAX for Windows.
Could that be a bug or intentional?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a294/hjorte/sw7520error_zps2bsvef0n.gif~original

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #2,053 of 2,535
That's intentional I'm afraid. The newest update ties everyone's curves to their activation key. You can thank pirates for that.

Write a message to our support e-mail on Monday and my colleague will do some magic to make that curve usable on your computer as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back