Sony MDR-1R series MK2
Jun 29, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #271 of 546
My experiences with Sony IEMS have always been meager. Given I've gone for the low end of their line, still they have produced some amazingly terrible pairs! I wonder if they cleaned up their act in that department somewhat.

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #272 of 546
Was wondering if anyone have tried pairing the MDR 1RBTMK2  via bluetooth with a Playstation Vita? Just curious if they would work.

Jul 21, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #273 of 546
I have had a chance to test and listen to the MDR-1R and the MDR1-RMK2, to my ears the MDR-1RMK2 has a deeper bass and a bit more sub bass when compared to the MDR-1R. Its not on the same level as my V-Moda M-100 but it close.

This is my finding and other people will have different views to me, but I am very happy with the overall sound of the MDR-1RMK2.

I carried out some Impedance measurements between the two and here are my findings (these measurements were taken using the stock cable).

The Multimeter I used is a calibrated Fluke 77

MDR-1RMK2

Left Channel: 26.1 ohms

Right Channel: 26.4 ohms

MDR-1R

Left Channel: 45.9 ohms

Right Channel 45.9 ohms

So it looks like the MDR-1RMK2 has different coils in the driver or it is a completely new driver for this updated version.

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #274 of 546
I have had a chance to test and listen to the MDR-1R and the MDR1-RMK2, to my ears the MDR-1RMK2 has a deeper bass and a bit more sub bass when compared to the MDR-1R. Its not on the same level as my V-Moda M-100 but it close.

This is my finding and other people will have different views to me, but I am very happy with the overall sound of the MDR-1RMK2.

Thanks! : ) It was this kind of thing I wanted to hear. Seems like it could be fun tracking down a MK2 model some time in the future.

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #275 of 546
Thanks! : ) It was this kind of thing I wanted to hear. Seems like it could be fun tracking down a MK2 model some time in the future.

Your welcome.

This is where I purchased mine, the delivery took 12 days.

http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-mdr-1rmk2-stereo-headphones-black.html

Plus they are the most comfortable headphone ever that I have tried.

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #278 of 546
Does anyone know if there's a way to physically tell the difference between the original MDR-1R and the MK2?

The only way I know is to check the impedance as they look identical.

See my previous post.

Jul 23, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #279 of 546
How do these compare with the phiaton chord ms530 sound wise?

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #281 of 546
Does the MK2 have a serial # (on the headphones themselves) that could be verified with Sony?

There is no serial number on mine, they were purchased from china.

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #282 of 546
  Was wondering if anyone have tried pairing the MDR 1RBTMK2  via bluetooth with a Playstation Vita? Just curious if they would work.

skinng;

As a matter of fact, I have and it does work just fine. However, there is a downside; I tried playing Hot Shots Golf on my Vita through the bluetooth connection and the truth is that the sound was horrible. In fact, the SQ was so miserable (tinny, flat and distant, like a long distance phone call on an old, really bad analog phone line) that I ended up plugging in the cable and playing in "wired" mode. 

The only think I can think of to make sense of this phenomenon (since my MK2's sound phenomenal when driven by my HTC One or my Samsung Galaxy Note II) is that the Vita's lack of aptx really makes it sound like sh@t.

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #283 of 546

skinng;

As a matter of fact, I have and it does work just fine. However, there is a downside; I tried playing Hot Shots Golf on my Vita through the bluetooth connection and the truth is that the sound was horrible. In fact, the SQ was so miserable (tinny, flat and distant, like a long distance phone call on an old, really bad analog phone line) that I ended up plugging in the cable and playing in "wired" mode. 

The only think I can think of to make sense of this phenomenon (since my MK2's sound phenomenal when driven by my HTC One or my Samsung Galaxy Note II) is that the Vita's lack of aptx really makes it sound like sh@t.

Not sure about Hot Shots Golf, but I paired my MDR-1RBT MK2 with my Vita and the SQ is very good with all the games I've tried.
I've tried Persona 4 Golden, MGS HD Collection, FFX/X-2 HD, BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma, Hatsune Miku Project Diva f + f 2nd, and many more.  They sound as good as wired.

Jul 25, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #284 of 546

skinng;

Not sure about Hot Shots Golf, but I paired my MDR-1RBT MK2 with my Vita and the SQ is very good with all the games I've tried.
I've tried Persona 4 Golden, MGS HD Collection, FFX/X-2 HD, BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma, Hatsune Miku Project Diva f + f 2nd, and many more.  They sound as good as wired.

Thanks guys. I suppose this is good enough to warrant a purchase when I will get both the headphone and Vita when I visit Japan in September. I was even surprised to find my two year old Samsung Galaxy S3 supports aptx :)

In any case if there was a major difference in audio quality, the option is there to go wired for Vita so yeah.

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #285 of 546
Which city? I had great fun demoing at e-earphone, yodabasi and bic camera in Tokyo Easter just gone (forgot Fujiya avic).

Advice - go with an open mind. Ended up buying 2x Chord and major jazz for the siblings. Not on the radar at all but they were that good (got SE846 and MDR-1R mk2 for myself :veryevil:).

Actually I went intending to demo and buy ES700 (UK price premium on AT is crazy) but got the Sony instead!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back